BRB UK 121: You’ve Got To Accelerate

It’s time for your weekly dose of vernacular from your favourite Brit-tacular podtacular – so join Dan, Tim and Coleman as they prattle on about the week that was.

This episode, we warble on about:

• Tim’s Oculus adventures continue, nearly make Coleman have a technicolour yawn
  • Another week, another slew of updates:
    • DriveClub
    • Destiny
    • Halo: The Master Chief Collection
    • Mario Kart 8
  • The Xbox One is One!
  • Assassin’s Creed Unity
  • Far Cry 4
  • The new Grand Theft Auto V

We appreciate you chaps taking time out of your week to listen to our show.  For your convenience, you can simply download the MP3 by clicking HERE or you can subscribe via iTunes, RSS or Zune and stay up to date.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Comments

1. back to work so im all caught up with the podcasts again,

really funny show this week.

From the experience Actual Coleman had with the Oculus im guessing an Assassins Creed Oculus experience would be the definition of a nightmare happyhappy

Iv said before I havnt decided on which of the new consoles to get *i now realise its been a year and still no decision shock * but what I do know is no matter if I get the Xbox One like Coleman I have no interest in Halo, I did the whole LAN competitions ect at the time and enjoyed them but to go back with so many great new titles ie Far Cry 4 which is AWESOME seems like a chore and these companies must be laughing at the fact they are making so much money from selling pretty much the same games twice lol(wont stop me getting Abes Oddysee)but to be fair the price point of the Halo Collection has to be commended they could have charged more and still sold truckloads.

Again Great show really been enjoying the hell out of them lately thumbthumb

MadgesVag said

Or Mirror’s Edge; fell ill alreadysad

Cheers guys, good episode.

Also; the halo update should undoubtedly have been called Halo: The Master Chief Correction :D

3. MadgesVag said

Aurochs said

Or Mirror’s Edge; fell ill alreadysad

Actually I’ve tried Mirrors Edge on a DK1 before, found it a lot less nauseating than playing it on release with my standard definition telly.

Hilarious show as usual, great job chaps :-)

5. Far Cry 4 owns my life.

That is all.

Awesome show chaps as always.

A fine episode as per usual.

So I am thinking of picking up an XBox One – I love my PS4 but wondering if I should own Microsoft’s console now too. Any thoughts?

8. stingo said
    A fine episode as per usual.

i was hoping black friday would determine my choice in console but alas it has not ha ha … ill be ready to make a choice when the Ps5 and the Xbox two is out toothysmile

9. Dangerous Brian

Great show as always guys.

MadgesVag said

stingo said
    A fine episode as per usual.

Me too. I’ll stick to the PC until then.

10. MrLovePump

stingo said
    A fine episode as per usual.

Why not! if you have the pennies do it, enjoy your passion.

I have to admit I got mine on Titanfallday, played that for all of a few weeks. Played some forza 5 and a bit of Sunset but haven’t touched it otherwise. I got very close to selling it but then decided to keep hold of it. For no other reason than I am sick of the kids running down my DS4 battery while having the ps4 on for netflix.

Sad news: My PS4 died a horrible death this week. It was exactly one year and two hours since I got it. Fortunately after a good hour of phone calls Sony said they would fix it for free (£175 normally). Others be warned though, I only got that because I had memory issues about exactly what time it failed *wink wink*. They are taking no prisoners on this it seems, one year is one year. In all fairness the staff I spoke to were above and beyond but policy wise I was a little disappointed. I understand the law is the law and there needs to be a cut off date but in my mind I think when you only get a year out of a £350 bit of kit the manufacturer needs to be a bit more consumer focused with their make good policy.

I did indulge my passion as you said, and had a rather nasty awakening: XBox One does not support interlaced resolutions, so I’m stuck at 720p (at least until I can figure out a workaround…).

12. MrLovePump

stingo said

ouch. Sounds like an excuse to get a spangly new tv to me :op

Guess we only need 720p on the XB1 though*

*Joke.. calm down, calm down

MrLovePump said

stingo said

ouch. Sounds like an excuse to get a spangly new tv to me :op

Guess we only need 720p on the XB1 though*

*Joke.. calm down, calm down

Actually, it’s not, because if you read the support article, that’s pretty much what it says – that 720p is better than 1080i so you don’t need it. As for a new TV, I need to keep my budget on track, and besides, I LIKE the TV I have. It’s probably not as crispy clear as the new digital ones (mine’s a rear-projection TV) but movies still look like movies – which admittedly might be old fashioned on my part.