BRB UK 233: Stop Licking Nintendo Games!

Happy Switch Day Pod People, may your Joy-Cons remain synced and your cartridges taste terrible.

Dan‘s had to extend his leave from the show by another week but Tim‘s still holding the fort, Coleman‘s all healed up and Diarmuid is on hand to take the rest of the podcast responsibilities upon his sexy Irish shoulders.

On this week’s show:

• Middle-earth: Shadow of War announced
  • Microsoft reveal Xbox Game Pass
  • Tim gives his first “Timpressions” on Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Coleman heads to the PC Gamer Weekender to get his hands on:
    • Nature’s Zombie Apocalypse
    • Dead Cells
    • Portal: Outside Influence
    • Loot Rascals
    • Knights & Bikes

We appreciate you chaps taking time out of your week to listen to our show.  For your convenience, you can simply download the MP3 by clicking HERE or you can subscribe via iTunes, RSS or Stitcher and stay up to date.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Comments

1. Another good show! I do have a request though. A video on the BRB YouTube channel of Diarmuid licking his Zelda cartridge.  I already asked him and he ignored me, so if I do it here then it’s a request from a fan of the show, and he can’t possibly refuse!!

Also I’m impressed at how fast the show goes out these days.  You are an editing machine Mr Coleman! I was playing Overwatch with Alex and Sean on Thursday evening, and both had to be quiet as Tim and Diarmuid were recording.  I come home from work on Friday and find the podcast is already available to listen to!

2. Unflushable said

I think the moment for these cartridge licking videos/articles has already passed, why they’re still going is beyond me?

Unflushable said

Thanks man, a lot of time and effort goes into the show in the show’s prep and post process so it’s nice to hear it appreciated. thumb

3. Unflushable said

I’m off work today and it was delivered to my office so it will need to be later this week.

Great show show chaps. I have one request though. Can Tim stop *beep*ING on my chips! I’ve been to the shop twice now because you keep doing it and I can’t eat them! 😭 on a serious note, shadow of war is looking incredible and has made me go back to hunting Uruk and try to finish it. I feel ashamed now for never finishing it.

5. Ridcullys Hat said

Uruk! That’s the buggers!

Diarmuid said

latest?cb=20090216043850

6. loweth1

Never played the dead or alive extreme games, closest is kenectamles.

7. Richard Kirke

Impressive stuff Coleman. How much nonsense do you have to edit out? I reckon on taking out a third to a half of the recorded audio out of my podcast. If you are taking that much out then you really are doing miracles!

8. Richard Kirke said

I don’t really remove too much of the actual content unless we’ve accidentally broken an embargo or made a mistake.

To my recollection I’ve never gotten a console at launch. I wait til the price comes down and because I have so many games on the previous gen machines that I needed to play.

I have never got a console at launch, the closest was the 360 but that was because of oblivion. So about 6 months later. Can that be considered close enough to a consoles launch? 😂

11. Ridcullys Hat said

Pretty sure Nintendo would like 6 months to be called the “launch window”!

Coleman said

Richard Kirke said

There is 528% less me than when originally recorded! thumb

12. Richard Kirke

Coleman said: Errs, umms, coughs, lip smacks… I edit out most things that I think may not sound too pleasant. I also do things like remove background hums or hisses, compress (make quiet things loud and loud things quiet) and shorten long gaps.

Ah the compressor, the podcaster’s best friend!

13. Tim said
    There is 528% less me than when originally recorded! thumb

That’ll be the basicallys, basically.

Image Enlarger