BRB UK 163: Things Not to Google

Hello there listeners, how’ve you been? Love what you’ve done with your hair. Looks like Team BRB UK is down a Tim once again but is it to the dreaded EGX plague or maybe another event? Well it’s still business as usual for Dan & Coleman, meaning  that they need to light the Barrel Signal and call upon the powers of the mighty Diarmuid.

So pour yourself a cup of tea, make your way to the porcelain throne and listen to the following topics:

• Game are selling cheap VR headsets
  • BioWare creating a Mass Effect theme park ride
  • Gran Turismo 6 to get a course creator a  pp
  • Twisted Pixel break away from Microsoft
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided pre-order promotion canceled
  • Activision pull a dumb PR stunt
  • Star Wars: Battlefront open beta details
  • Dan talks Destiny (of course)
  • Coleman gets his hands on Guitar Hero: Live & Rock Band 4
  • Diarmuid does Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  • Rainbow Six: Siege Beta impressions

We appreciate you chaps taking time out of your week to listen to our show.  For your convenience, you can simply download the MP3 by clicking HERE or you can subscribe via iTunes, RSS or Stitcher and stay up to date.

As well as being a super nice guy from BigRedBarrel.com, Diarmuid has his own Podcast you should listen to called SpoilSports. We’d love it if you went and gave that a listen too.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments

1. Alex

Coleman, play Mass Effect immediately. Also romance Tali. Kthanksbye.

2. Alex said
    Coleman, play Mass Effect immediately. Also romance Tali. Kthanksbye.

I will play at some point but I hear Tali sounds a lot like you… which is just weird.

Can I romance any Krogans?

3. Alex

Coleman said

Can I romance any Krogans?

Forgot about that… I see your point, that would be weird. She’s much cuter than me though!

Just don’t romance any humans, ok?

No, sadly, Krogans are not romanceable. Liara? How do you feel about blue people?

Alex said

Coleman said

So when you play mass effect you are basically romancing yourself?

5. Alex

spikeychris said

So when you play mass effect you are basically romancing yourself?

I love Tali, but Garrus is my video game boyfriend happy

6. Alex said

Meh, she looks too gentle. My Shepherd will want to be thrown around like a Gazelle being mauled by a Lion.

7. Alex

Coleman said

See, with this attitude, you should play Dragon Age Inquisition and romance Iron Bull winky

8. Alex said

So you’ve told me before but it’s soooooooooooooooo boring! sad

9. Alex

Coleman said
    So you’ve told me before but it’s soooooooooooooooo boring! sad

What is boring? Dragon Age is boring? GET OUT! (from your own podcast forum thread)

10. Alex said

Not the game in its entirety, just its boring combat system.

11. Alex

Alex said
    Back to ME, from your demands, you are screwed for romances in ME1, and to get all the good stuff in ME2, you will have to play femshep. She is the bestest anyway, so that’s ok winky2

Fair enough, one day I’ll get round to Mass Effect but for now it’ll stay in the pile of shame with all the other games.

12. CloudStyle

Until Coleman finishes playing The Mass Effect series, BRB UK has officially been Boycotted.

Great work though Dan and Diarmuid I think managed to fit right in, a very suitable Timplacement if you will.

ALSO, MGO can someone please make a gamer night group for this I know myself and Unflushable/t1000arab would like to get a group of people to play with together. I think it’s a team of 16 so we need a bit of a group! Maybe a meet up on the community wall as well!

13. CloudStyle said

WAIT WHAT WHY?!? I’m just struggling to get into it. I have actually started the first game 4-5 times since it came out – about 3 years ago I forced myself into a week of playing before I got bored.

Tim and Dan did the Mass Effecy things though, surely that warrants our listeners sticking around? Remeber the good times… REMEMBER THE JUGGERNOGS!

CloudStyle said

When’s it available? I’m sure we can work out a team.

CloudStyle said

I will come if you buy me the game 😛

15. CloudStyle

Coleman said

Hmmm, moist Juggernogs…. I’ve played through ME1 – 3 times, ME2 – 4 times and ME3 twice…. No excuses Coleman. I will undoubtedly say it’s my favourite game series of all time

When’s it available? I’m sure we can work out a team.

The online update launches on Tomorrow! Yay! Let’s do it.

spikeychris said
    I will come if you buy me the game 😛

I’m sure Coleman could hook you up with a code or something….. winky2

16. CloudStyle

I think I may have broken the Quote system…. Whoops.

17. CloudStyle said

Your favorite but not mine. My all time favorite is Monkey Island 2: LeChuck’s Revenge and I’ve played that somewhere in the double digits.

I’m just not into space RPGs I guess, unless it’s the Space Quest series that is and that’s another point and click.

CloudStyle said
    I’m sure Coleman could hook you up with a code or something….. winky2

Not sure where that idea came from? hmmm

@spikeychris The deal I got is long gone so this is the best offer I can find online: http://www.postabargain.co.uk/…..ps4/053821

18. Alex

CloudStyle said

Cloud knows what’s up! thumb

19. Alex said

CloudStyle said

Cloud knows what’s up! thumb

What is this? Pick on Coleman day? sad

20. CloudStyle

Coleman said

I suppose… but it has everything!!

I guess I’ll just have to let Dan and Tim be the favourites now.

Alex said

Cloud knows what’s up! thumb

Alex can be a favourite too!

I have never played a mass effect game mostly because I have to be selective with the games I buy and I am not rich enough to buy that many lol.

Actually have an important thing for Dan to do.  Is there any way to change the PSN community for destiny to general so that we can see people who are playing games other than destiny?

23. Coleman said
    What is this? Pick on Coleman day? sad

Pretty sure that is everyday! tongue

Tim said

Coleman said
    What is this? Pick on Coleman day? sad

Pretty sure that is everyday! tongue

Every day is Dammit Coleman day!

25. spikeychris said

Tim said
    Pretty sure that is everyday! tongue

Every day is Dammit Coleman day!

Can’t we just go back to the good old days where Dan made fun of Jon and everybody didn’t make fun of me?

Coleman said

#bringbackbrady

27. Coleman said

I would normally say yes but given that I just listened to a podcast where the three of you spent half the episode taking the p/*/*s  out of me, lets go with no! tongue

Save yourself time, money and eternal damnation and just play ME2 – it is deservedly one of my favourite games of all time! thumb

Perhaps when Dan learns this is annoying others way more than it is annoying me. Until then let him have his fun – he needs to get it somewhere if he is only playing Destiny! tongue

P.S. Tim for the love of god don’t let them sing as much next time you are on 😛

29. Ricardo Kirkabon

Hi!

I too haven’t played Mass Effect. I too will get round to it at some point.

Can somebody tell Doctor Doctor Destiny Dan that taurine is no longer considered a stimulant?

I am on Rainbox 6 Seige, username either richardkirke or Dodgy_curry, add me as a friend if you want to.

Poo and a cup of tea gents!

30. Steve

What happened to the marsupials? I demand a koala mention.

31. Tim said

Coleman said

I would normally say yes but given that I just listened to a podcast where the three of you spent half the episode taking the p/*/*s out of me, lets go with no! tongue

But I don’t take the p*/*/s, I joyfully taunt you with Love.

spikeychris said
    P.S. Tim for the love of god don’t let them sing as much next time you are on 😛

Be sure to listen next week for our all musical episode of BRB UK, Dan even wrote an opera about Destiny.

Richard Kirke said
    Hi!

HI!

Steve said
    What happened to the marsupials? I demand a koala mention.

This is not becoming a regular thing Steve!

Well this episode descended into insanity quickly. Funny as all heck but mad in a lot of places. In colemans defense, I haven’t finished ME3 yet. Not that I don’t want to but I have the attention span of a squirrel with ADHD on caffeine plus children and friends who only want to play destiny or multiplayer games. ? MGS5 is currently on the back burner and my pile of shame keeps growing and will continue to grow if I don’t stop playing the gamer crack that is destiny. Anyone recommend a good anti addiction service for gamers?

33. well that was a mental episode haha loved it though thumbthumb

my favourite of the show is everyone bar Coleman he forgot my shout out from the forums shockshockshock

although can I say more caffeine for Coleman because that was hilarious happy

I played the Rainbow 6 beta alot and unlocked all but 2 of the operators and I enjoyed the heck out of it besides the matchmaking issues and slight glitches but its a beta after all, I used to play the vegas one for hours on end with friends and this is more of the same tension and excitement hunting terrorists but with extras and alot of improvements so im all in for this one.

Played Destiny for 2 hours the other day and still cant get into it which is really annoying as i feel like im missing out haha

**p.s Everyone is my favourite on the show even Coleman winky2

34. Ridcullys Hat said
    In colemans defense, I haven’t finished ME3 yet.

I don’t think that’s going to help my case with the die hard fans but thanks for trying.

MadgesVag said

Didn’t forget, your forum post was the day after we recorded is all. tongue

MadgesVag said
    although can I say more caffeine for Coleman because that was hilarious happy

I’m working on it. thumb

35. MadgesVag said

Didn’t forget, your forum post was the day after we recorded is all. tongue

ill let you off this time sunglasses

36. Alex

Ridcullys Hat said
    In colemans defense, I haven’t finished ME3 yet.

THERE IS NO DEFENCE FOR THIS CRIME!

Coleman said

Erm… yes, that is correct… embarrassed

37. Alex said
    THERE IS NO DEFENCE FOR THIS CRIME!

Okay…

38. Alex

@ Coleman

Image Enlarger

39. TheBarrelInTheRoom

Juggernogging crazy good show! A laugh and a hoot! Diarmuid bought the basically, Coleman bought Amiibo’s, still need more moist form Doctor Doctor Dan, but there was sufficient Taramasalata! Thanks for the great show gents.

40. thestarlord

Give Coleman more energy drinks. very entertaining.

thestarlord said
    Give Coleman more energy drinks. very entertaining.

Agreed; if we send Coleman energy drinks will he consume them before the shows? Bizarre sort of sponsorship.
    But cheers for the episode chaps. Endless corridor of thrusting dildos. Just… there isn’t really a response to that.

Can I just say that every time I hear the phrase ‘endless corridor of thrusting dildos’ it reminds me of the controversial anime Legend of the overfiend’.

43. Ridcullys Hat said

Really? I just think of it as a metaphor for how Bungie likes to treat its customers! tongue

thestarlord said
    Give Coleman more energy drinks. very entertaining.

Have good news for you then! Both Coleman and I were Tornado-ed up the eyeballs for this week’s show – Dan still produced the funniest moment in the show though and we have video evidence to back this up! thumb More on that in this week show! happy

Superb Show chaps, keep up the great work 🙂

Downloaded this episode just now but it won’t play on iTunes or my iPod.

46. stingo said
    Downloaded this episode just now but it won’t play on iTunes or my iPod.

Quite a few other people have listened, so I am going to assume this is an isolated incident. The only thing I can think to suggest is to try and delete the episode from your itunes and redownload and see if that helps. Let me know how you get on pleasehmmm

Tim said

stingo said
    Downloaded this episode just now but it won’t play on iTunes or my iPod.

Yup, it was a transient issue. Re-downloaded the episode and it was fine.