BRB UK 162: We’re at EGX 2015

Hello there dear listener, we have been keeping a strange schedule of late and it’s not stopping yet. Coleman and Tim are once again without a Dan but not for reasons relating to Doctoring or Destiny, Team BRB UK have hit EGX 2015.

So if you’re going to do a show at the NEC in Birmingham, you’ve got to make sure you have some awesome guests. That’s why joining the show this week are Chantelle (RadiationBurn), Andrew (Prospect Games), Jake (Grey Alien Games), Kev, Lauren, Alex, Julia and Cath.

So get ready for this episode of organised chaos, featuring:

• The Living Dungeon – Check out their website
  • Unbox – Vote for them on Steam Greenlight
  • Shadow Hand – Come see some other work by Grey Alien Games
  • Star Wars: Battlefront
  • The Division
  • Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate
  • Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst
  • HTC Vive
  •  PlayStation VR
  • And so much more…

We appreciate you chaps taking time out of your week to listen to our show.  For your convenience, you can simply download the MP3 by clicking HERE or you can subscribe via iTunes, RSS or Stitcher and stay up to date.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Comments

Seeing as Julia is geek speaks harry potter 😛 I have a story that might amuse everyone.  In my old flat we had some neighbours upstairs with a son who never left the house (we lived there for 4 years he left the house once in the 4 years we were there).  It turns out that they had converted the cupboard for him to sleep in, like harry potter, because he wanted it.  The neighbour above them was installing a new bathroom himself and had to go down to ask for something and noticed a problem.

Basically to allow him to live in the cupboard they had to make it slightly wider so they had removed the supporting wall and put up some pillars and a false plasterboard wall (which they had been told would be adaquate support but was not).  The upstairs neighbour was in the middle of installing a massive standing bathtub so if they had actually finished it and filled it with water it would probably have come through the ceiling and squashed him.

2. spikeychris said
    Basically to allow him to live in the cupboard they had to make it slightly wider so they had removed the supporting wall and put up some pillars and a false plasterboard wall (which they had been told would be adequate support but was not).  The upstairs neighbour was in the middle of installing a massive standing bathtub so if they had actually finished it and filled it with water it would probably have come through the ceiling and squashed him.

Yeah I think this all happened to Julia but the bath actually squashed her, that’s why she’s the way she is.

3. Ricardo Kirkabon

Hi!,

I’m not sure if it was masterful editing or just tremendous discipline on the part of everyone (other than Kev), but that was an impressively coherent show. Well done all involved.

Poo and a cup of tea

4. Steve

Hurrah! Koalas got a mention. This makes me happy in my happy place.

5. Richard Kirke said
    Hi!,

HI!

Richard Kirke said

Little from column A and a little from column B really. It’s a mixture of pricey equipment I thought I’d never fully use, people following directions (apart from Tim shaking his mic, Kev talking without a mic and a couple not switching their phones off that is) and a long edit.

I’m glad it worked out as I’ve never done a show on site before so I wasn’t really sure how it would sound and had been quite worried. Now to plan a big live show with the whole team.

Richard Kirke said
    Poo and a cup of tea

Cup of Tea and a Poo to you too. thumb

Steve said
    Hurrah! Koalas got a mention. This makes me happy in my happy place.

You really are a strange person. hmmm

6. CloudStyle

A 4 hour Journey!!

I live a mere 35 minutes away from the NEC, and I didn’t even go!

Also great interesting show, thanks! 🙂

Great show chaps 🙂

8. CloudStyle said
    A 4 hour Journey!!

I live a mere 35 minutes away from the NEC, and I didn’t even go!

You should have gone, could have swung by and said hi.

WarMachine said
    Great show chaps 🙂

Ta. thumb

9. Alex

Coleman said

spikeychris said

I can confirm this.

10. Alex said
    I can confirm this.

Derp!

CP2SNYhWwAAnsoZ.jpg

11. Great show guys

Very well controlled i must say for the amount of people on thumbthumb even keeping Tim’s ramblings to manageable bite size chunks someone deserves a medal toothysmile

so Glad Battlefront is getting such good reviews but on that I had something strange happen .. I loaded up EA access on my xbox one yesterday and when I went to the vault Battlefront flashed up and disappeared a second before all the games loaded in to me that says it’s been added to the vault Queue but hasn’t went live yet for ea access advanced beta preview hmm I do hope so

12. MadgesVag said
    Great show guys

Thanks so much for the kind words, feel free to spam Tim on Twitter (@BRBTim) saying as much. tongue

13. TheBarrelInTheRoom

Wow, many, many hosts and guests indeed, and it all worked so well!

Juggernogging brilliant effort to all involved! Learnt a lot form this episode, and a good laugh tootoothysmile

5 out 5 Barrels folks! More Butts for everyone!

Coleman said

Richard Kirke said
    Poo and a cup of tea

Cup of Tea and a Poo to you too. thumb

Somehow it just sounded wrong the other way around… oh dear.
    What a bonanza of an episode! Unbox actually looks pretty great, cheers for putting that on my radar! Also super glad that the general reports on Battlefront are positive, it had such a huge amount of hype to live up to and somehow it seems to be managing that so far.