BRB UK 158: 12 Inches of Nathan Drake

Gadzooks… there are so many games to play! Fear not however dear listeners, because Dan, Tim and Coleman continue their neverending mission to play all of the biggest games and then talk about them in great length (basically).

So for this week’s episode, have a gander at Team BRB UK as  they chat about:

• Shovel Knight Amiibo incoming
  • Xbox One Elite revealed
  • There’s something wrong with Sony’s Metal Gear Solid themed PlayStation 4
  • No day one Raid for Destiny: The Taken King
  • Could XCOM be headed for the PS Vita
  • Uncharted 4 is coming, along with some special editions
  • Tim heads out to the Insomnia Gaming Festival to get his hands on:
    • Homefront: The Revolution
    • Star Fox Zero
    • Forza 6
    • Xbox One’s Elite Controller
  • Dan also has a go at Forza 6 in the form of the public demo
  • Coleman and Dan finally get to play Metal Gear Solid V: the Phantom Pain
  • Tim takes on War Boys in Mad Max

We appreciate you chaps taking time out of your week to listen to our show.  For your convenience, you can simply download the MP3 by clicking HERE or you can subscribe via iTunes, RSS or Zune and stay up to date.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments

1. Another great episode, though I am disappointed that you didn’t announce the winner of the fart in a jar.  You should demand that the winner makes an ‘unboxing’ video when their prize arrives.

Totally agree about Battlestar Galactica remake, Coleman you must get it watched! Just watch the first episode after the pilot called “33” and you’ll be hooked.

2. Image EnlargerA cup of Tea(Earl Grey) and a Poo to all you good sirs thumb

I was with Dan on the Metal Gear I wasnt that fussed but I do these market research groups every now and then and I did on on Thursday passed and got £40 for it so on the way home I popped into Sainsbury’s and was browsing games and I saw metal gear and said hmmm why not i earned that £40 in an hour its no big loss if the games rubbish ….. OMFG what a game !!! put 15 hours into it maybe and i am 11% of the way through shockshock I must say what a fantastic achievement.

Who got the puppy ? looking forward to it getting older so I can use it in the field, I have just learned the “do it” command for the horse which apparently makes it em tea and a poo on command lol well the tea bit i may have made up tongue

anyways great show again guys barrelbarrelbarrelbarrelbarrel/5

3. Ricardo Kirkabon

Hi!

Having been a borderline obsessive fan of XCom: Enemy Unknown on the PC, I bought the iPad version when I was travelling a lot with work. It is an absolutely brilliant port but with a smaller selection of maps (which already came round a little too often in the full version). Since I used an XBox controller on my PC I can see the Vita version being belting, if it has the full range of maps then that would be well worth getting hold of.

Really glad to hear Tim gives barrelbarrelbarrelbarrelbarrel to marriage, me too!

4. Unflushable said

Agreed, we were short of time this week but we’ll get farting in a jar somehow (I suggested the reverse funnel system)

Unflushable said

Gah… I’ll add it to my list of stuff to watch. Don’t expect my opinions too soon though, I don’t really watch a lot of TV these days.

MadgesVag said
    20150905_163912.jpg
    A cup of Tea(Earl Grey) and a Poo to all you good sirs thumb

So that happened.

Why do I get the feeling that “Cup of Tea and a Poo” is going to become our version of “BEYOND”?

MadgesVag said

I heard people talking about the pup in game but never found it? I think I need to go back in soon, armed with a walkthough.

Richard Kirke said
    Hi!

HI!

Richard Kirke said

YOU’RE MARRIED TO ALEX TOO?!? shock

5. Ricardo Kirkabon

Richard Kirke said

YOU’RE MARRIED TO ALEX TOO?!? shock

No Coleman, for administrative purposes I married a completely different barrelbarrelbarrelbarrelbarrel lady. One lady each, that’s the system.

6. Richard Kirke said
    One lady each, that’s the system.

YOU CAN’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!

7. I just happened on the Puppy on the first mission once i jumped out the chopper i heard barking turned around and this little pup was staring up at me with loving eyes …. i strapped a balloon to the sucker and launched it into the sky 🙂

Hello guys. Been a while but that’s because of ‘reasons’ and ‘things’ but I’m back to be listening and stuff. Great show and I haven’t laughed like this for a long time. On ‘tea and poo’ (that doesn’t seem like the right way of saying it) I always get shouted at by the wife for this but that could also be the amount of time I spend on said me time. Metal gear is amazing and I didn’t really consider it one I wanted but am I glad I took the plunge and it is incredible. Kojima has really gone out on a high. Again guys, you absolute legends and what a great episode to come back on.

9. Ridcullys Hat said

Glad to have you back Mr Hat, you have been missed. Hope everything is okay.

A lot of proverbial ‘stuff’ has happened but I’m ‘better’ and kids are all apparently healthy and poorly kid is almost ‘clear’. I seem to be over using quotation marks but that’s ok. ? I’ve missed the banter and insane ramblings. Lets just say that at the moment I now have a load more time for videogames and I’ve been playing a lot of retro games as well as elder scrolls online. That’s gone and done a destiny on me and I really dont know why I keep playing it. Hence retro games. Hope everyone is well and things.

11. Ridcullys Hat said

Sounds like you should drop Elder Scrolls and get back on that Destiny horse good sir. thumb

I have been. Elder scrolls is fun but there isn’t any decent adrenaline pumping stuff unless you get into the dungeons. Then it doesn’t last long and I really cannot be bothered at the moment to piddle about and level to 50 for the big boy play area at the moment. Started back on destiny but spend alot of time on strikes and weekly/dailies. However, with mgs I do get to hear d-horse extractions and floating sheep. Plus….the final countdown while I ruin my stealth run and just use a grenade launcher. The music in that game gives me all the child of the 80’s feels.

Dan and Coleman – have you both played Ryse?

stingo said
    Dan and Coleman – have you both played Ryse?

I think that basically Tim hasn’t bought it yet… basically.

15. TheBarrelInTheRoom

Joggernogging grand old show chaps.

MGSV thus far I agree is brilliant, and special editions of games getting worse. 5 Barrels out of 5.

I’d like to comment on the episode if I may, a few minor complaints gents:

1: Doctor Dan, you need to say :Moist” more often, not enough this episode.

2: Colemiibo, not enough Wrestling references this episode, more please.

3: Basically Tim, you didn’t say your catch phrase enough basically, so more “Basically’s please!

Thanks, just my preference gentlemen, have a great week!

16. stingo said
    Dan and Coleman – have you both played Ryse?

Nope.

spikeychris said
    I think that basically Tim hasn’t bought it yet… basically.

Correctomundo… basically.

TheBarrelInTheRoom said
    Colemiibo, not enough Wrestling references this episode, more please.

I was giving that a break to be honest, you have to drip feed wrestling into podcasts that center around other subjects.

Maybe there should be a barrelWrestling show sometime in the future? sunglasses