BRB UK 122: First Time I Came Across a Dragon

Hey there Podcast fans, it’s that time again where we make some more delicious British Podcasty goodness and you fine chaps give it a listen. Unfortunately like that one Mario game – Dan is Missing, but have no fear because Tim and Coleman have searched the darkest depths of the Barrelverse to bring you Rik.

Topics of note during this Episode include:

• Flames breakout inside one of Nintendo’s repair centers, which causes devastation to one particular BRB UK alumni
  • Ubisoft reach out to victims players of Assassin’s Creed Unity
  • Lumino City
  • Resident Evil Revelations 2
  • Randal’s Monday
  • Tales of Hearts R
  • Tim struggles with fiery reptiles in Dragon Age: Inquisition

We appreciate you chaps taking time out of your week to listen to our show. For your convenience, you can simply download the MP3 by clicking HERE or you can subscribe via iTunes, RSS or Zune and stay up to date.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Comments

First!

I’ll be interested to hear what Ubisoft’s gesture is, since I picked up the AC edition of the XBOne. It looked pretty good in the videos I saw, but I’ve heard there’s not as much investment (fun-wise or emotion-wise as other titles in the series). One interesting note that came with the game I got – apparently China’s going to be an AC destination.

[language geek]If you’re referring to one person, it’s alumnus if he’s male, and alumna if she’s female, and a group of females would be alumnae. Why I know this, I have no idea.[/language geek]

2. Superb show this week!

Rik was a bit quiet i don’t know if it was the mic ? I had to turn my headphones up and so basically when actual Coleman and Basically Tim spoke they basically blew my actual ears off … basically toothysmile

What a gut wrenching sudden realisation Jon must have had when he received the phone call to tell him that his Animal Crossing 3DS was toast hmmm hope he gets a direct replacement.

Iv never heard about Lumino City but ill definitely check it out! I am a huge point and click fan and I had donated to the Broken Sword Kickstarter last year and I really wish they would make another Monkey Island game I miss playing with Guybrush Threepwood happy

Thanks for the shout outs too , love you guys back thumbthumb

You should have a podcast segment with Coleman as Fake Dan, Fake Tim and Fake John.

Sorry to hear about the demise of John’s 3DS XL. Of all the ways to lose one, I’d say that one was pretty improbable – the irony of course is that he sent it in for repair. If Nintendo was a less scrupulous company, they could send him the charred remnants back saying it’s “fixed” and here’s the bill.

Does the AC package apply to people who bought the AC XBox One bundle?

Excellent show chaps, it was hilarious as usual. Keep up the great work :-)

5. MrLovePump

Good one guys,

Yeah i had sound issues too, even on max volume I couldn’t hear over the traffic. Usually when on that busy road I can hear Dan but nobody else… so Dan levels for all please :)

On Assassins Creed I think this is just a problem with management and shareholders who are focused on money money money.

Unity has been in a bad way for some time, I heard third hand rumblings from inside the QA department back in June that it was in an awful state. So its not like it was news to Ubi, they clearly decided to push ahead with the release knowing how bad things were.

Hopefully Sony wont take the 28 days they are threatening to fix my ps4 as there is much gaming to be had at the moment.

6. Warning, giant reply incoming…

MadgesVag said

MrLovePump said

Unfortunately there was a technical issue on the Rik/Tim side that cause for some very quiet audio. Though we did try our best to get those levels to a reasonable level, it was sadly a case of get it as best we can or miss the show for a week.

Thank you of course for the feedback, we’re trying to ensure that you guys can get the best sounding podcast we can make and release it in a timely fashion (minus the “errs” & “erms”).

Normal service well resume. winky2

Stingo said

Just to clarify… would this be me taking the role of all three original BRB UK presenters? If so then am I limited to those three? Can I throw some other voices in the mix like Hulk Hogan and Ed Wynn?

Sting said

Does the AC package apply to people who bought the AC XBox One bundle?

I believe that’s across PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.

MrLovePump Said

Indeed, then you can jump into the BRB Crew on GTA Online with us happy

WarMachine said

Excellent show chaps, it was hilarious as usual. Keep up the great work :-)

Thanks Mr Machine winky2

You could add in any other voices or sound effects as you liked – I just figured doing those three voices in a segment would be taxing enough. Though Fake Tim interviewing Fake Hulk Hogan about the latest wrestling game sounds like good fun.

(I think we all know that you could pull that last bit off by Fake Hulk Hogan trying to get a word in edgewise. Cheers to Real Tim, or whomever he is this week.)

Coleman said

I believe that’s across PlayStation 3, Xbox One and PC.

PlayStation 4?

Edited to add: Of course since you’re now the official third seat, you could make it Real Coleman, Fake Dan and Fake Tim.

9. stingo said

PlayStation 4?

That too (Smart Arse) tongue

stingo said

Fake Coleman? Are any of us real? hmmm

Coleman said

Fake Coleman? Are any of us real? hmmm

Depends if you can cut the mustard I suppose.

It just occurred to me that I will have to listen more closely to the Update Update, now that I’m an interested party.

11. I can’t remember whether I mentioned this on a podcast thread before, but since BRB UK pointed me to a fun turn-based RPG (Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition), I thought I’d return the favor and suggest checking out Terra Battle.

Downloaded! thumb

SO WHAT THE FUDGEMONKEY IS ALUMINIUM THEN? hmmm A minimum number of alumnus? hmmm

Great show chaps and sorry for my lateness (been working far too much and have been getting ridiculed for having laryngitis). I feel the pain of losing 100’s of hours of game time as I lost an entire profile on xbox live and approximately 400 hours purely on oblivion. I’ve never gone back all the way through it again. The tears I cried were real and my ex never understood why I was so annoyed. This was before the first ring of death on my original 360. Keep up the good work guys.

Tim said

It’s the metal from which the stripped down versions of the Oculus Rift Animus (or Animi, plural) are made. It has two advantages – you don’t need a computer to run it, and it blocks the government’s transmission/monitoring signals from Uranus very well.