BRB Boom 64: Classic Mantooth

It’s time, once again, to put boom in your boom and listen to BRB Boom. This week, DogsDie, Smelly Pirate and Yoshifett geek out about Smelly’s new baby, Mormon break, most anticipated games of 2008, words of the week, the best games of the last generation, and whatever random topics our minds can come up with.

Please be sure to subscribe to the BRB Boom feed on iTunes or RSS. If you insist, you can always just download the mp3. If you are currently using a computer with iTunes on it, would you mind heading over there and leaving some feedback?

Tags:

Comments

1. ShifterChaos

This show should go down in history as the most representative of boom and of brown. I actually stopped, sat down, and laugh/cried in the middle of the running trail TWICE. Rock on you guys, here is to a new generation.

oh, and hey, grats on the kid.

2. cobberwebb

A quick tid-bit of info for y’all: War Thunder is currently a F2P title on the PS4 here in the UK. Definitely worth a play.

3. cobberwebb said

And not only that, it is worth multiple plays… happy

Congrats on the next-gen Mounts.

4. belllatrix

Great episode you guys! It was awesome to hear that “Tool-loving” Mantooth again!

5. frawlzfans

This show was so raven.

6. Zombellic

So many of your picks would be the same as mine.

Fallout 3

Oblivion

Rock Band

Mass Effect 1

Portal

But I’m shocked that Red Dead Redemption didn’t feature.

7. zombiesauerkraut

I’ve known about “good lookin’ out” since forever, which makes me feel pretty gangster. Of course, the only reason I already knew this thug speak is because it’s used excessively in San Andreas, which makes me feel very white again.

Mass Effect losing out to Wii Sports is probably the worst thing that’s happened to me this year. I with you Yosh; best game of all time! OF ALL TIME! btw Whatever happened to Dogs getting ME last year and Yoshi being all stoked for him because he still got to experience it for the first time? You’re missing out, Dogs. Play that game!

Awesome show, guys. Glad you’re back. Happy New Year to all, and to all a…brown…night.

8. Yoshifett

ShifterChaos said

oh, and hey, grats on the kid.

I just listened to it and though I usually hate listening to our show, I have to agree. It was so much fun to record and I feel like that really came across on the podcast. The Mantooth appearance was clearly the greatest thing that’s ever happened on the boom. I also enjoyed reliving my rage as Mass Effect and Bioshock were knocked out by Wii Sports and Rock Band, respectively.

9. Yoshifett

Zombellic said
    So many of your picks would be the same as mine.

Fallout 3

Oblivion

Rock Band

Mass Effect 1

Portal

But I’m shocked that Red Dead Redemption didn’t feature.

None of us are really big Rockstar fans, but I know that Dogs really liked Red Dead. He may have forgotten about it. Or maybe it just wasn’t good enough to compete with Wii Sports.

10. shakysnake

Mass Effect VS WII Sports…. regardless of the outcome… the comparison can only happen here..

Great Show and congratulation for lil Mount.

11. Yoshifett

shakysnake said

Great Show and congratulation for lil Mount.

You’re right and I’m glad it happened even though it enraged me at the time.

12. Agree with all. This episode felt like a throwback even before we got Mantoothed. That was just the icing on the taint.

13. TamarindLAZ

Yoshifett said

shakysnake said

Great Show and congratulation for lil Mount.

You’re right and I’m glad it happened even though it enraged me at the time.

25gx6py.jpgImage Enlarger

Advertising on twitter about spamming the boards…that’s a paddlin’.

Me not posting on the boom threads anymore…that’s a paddlin’.

Having Mantooth be the only one to mention Metal Gear Solid 4 for the best games of last gen…you better believe that’s a paddlin’.

ddlseh.jpg

[spoiler]Great show once again guys! thumb[/spoiler]

14. FireMuncher

what about deadly premonition? Come on guys

15. I find the lack of cutscenes disturbing.  – Not Saint Mantooth

Hearing the long lost member warmed the bottom of my taint.  Only way to be the bestest episode everzzz!!! now is to get him back with Don Marco.  Real talk.

16. shakysnake

come to think about Mass effect vs Wii sports, Yoshi mica-highed it for us Mass Effect fans hehehe 😀

17. Zombellic

Yoshifett said

Zombellic said
    So many of your picks would be the same as mine.

Fallout 3

Oblivion

Rock Band

Mass Effect 1

Portal

But I’m shocked that Red Dead Redemption didn’t feature.

You really are missing one of the strongest, most moving story lines in video game history.

18. Zombellic said

Yoshifett said

Zombellic said
    So many of your picks would be the same as mine.

Fallout 3

Oblivion

Rock Band

Mass Effect 1

Portal

But I’m shocked that Red Dead Redemption didn’t feature.

You’re talking about the plot to Rock Band right? Because I totally agree. The ascent of Liquid Shorts from garage band to arena heroes was engaging, emotion, and so deeply rich.

19. ThaJM

MANTOOTH YOU DOUCHE! As much as i loved hearing his voice again (my heart sank a little hearing that you guys had drifted apart since his departure), Fallout 3 deserved to win over freaking oblivion!

With that outta my system, i’m gonna pile on the praise and say that this episode was amazing! Quality over quantity eh?

20. frawlzfans

Still maintain Smelly has probably one of the best voices ive heard and easily the best, not just laugh, but range of laughs ive ever heard. ha ha haaaaaaa. Keep it up guys we’re going to make episode 100. edit grammar.

21. Brooksy068

Mass Effect losing to Wii Sports is probably one of the biggest upsets in the history of upsets. Yoshi ‘s rage was awesome and we’ll deserved. I’m surprised there wasn’t a rage quit or something though. Mantooth’ s appearance was classic and very nice to hear. Also I was surprised Red Dead Redemption didn’t make anybody’s list.

22. Stygmata

That Mantooth cameo was awesome! A wonderful way to finish a superb episode, you guys rock!

23. rh0gii

WiiSports FTW!

24. Ploogle

I’ll just pretend that by “Oblivion” you meant “Skyrim.” Otherwise, meyz mey ahrk ag fah hin falaas.

25. rh0gii

Icing on the Taint…. and here I am all out of brain bleach… o_O

26. Forgot to post here guys, I listened to the show about 8 times so far. You guys may not do the show a whole lot anymore but they’re filled with replay value. Also, I agree with everyone here that the Mantooth cameo was genius.

Thanks again, and as far as I’m concerned, take as long as you need to get a show out. Id rather you do one whenever you guys feel like you can than not have any.thumb

~Prime