BRB UK 86: Animal of The Year 2013

Blaarrrg. That’s the noise we’re all making after imbibing our own body weight in Chrimbo nosh. Thankfully Dan, Jon and Tim managed to crimp a podcast out before the onslaught of Christmas – so sit back, relax and enjoy!

This week’s festive flotsam includes:

• Koalas
  • Kangaroos
  • Wombats
  • Cats
  • Hobnobs
  • Dan finds himself enjoying FIFA 14
  • Peggle 2 grumblings
  • Need for Speed: Rivals
  • Battlefield 4
  • Our Games of The Year
  • Our moments of the outgoing console generation

We appreciate you chaps and chapettes taking time out of your week to listen to our show. For your convenience, you can simply download the MP3 by clicking HERE or you can subscribe via iTunes, RSS or Zune and stay up to date.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments

1. p1ge0n

Yo yo!

Long time listener (been around since sarcastic gamer), first time posting :) Really enjoy the podcasts. Hate to be “THAT” person but i feel compelled (for some bizarre reason) to point out that BF4 runs at 900p not 1080p. Also according to digital foundry the PS4 version runs better too:

“Hard evidence of the PS4’s frame-rate lead for the retail release of Battlefield 4 – even with its 50 per cent increase in resolution it can typically command a 10fps+ advantage during our stress-tests. “

source: http://www.eurogamer.net/artic…..n-face-off

2. TardyMoments

Another great show!

If you have been listening since back in the day why have you only just started posting?

3. p1ge0n

I don’t post on any forums. If i’m honest I find it very hard to penetrate (haha) online communities because more often then not i find them to be unwelcoming for a new poster. It’s also the reason I hardly play any multiplayer games.

4. TardyMoments

Fair enough. I was not trying to be unwelcoming, I was merely wondering.

Welcome!

5. p1ge0n

Something to note that Dan said about squad up being a premium only function its not squad up doesn’t exist in BF4 period it is not a premium perk and from what DICE has said they arn’t going to do it.

View post on imgur.com

P.S if anyone wants to play some BF4 add spikeychris on PSN.

7. Dangerous Brian

Great showing people.

In a second person shooter you would be controlling your guy from the perspective of the people he shoots…. maybe?

Welcome P1ge0n! Don’t be shy, we are mostly harmless.winky

TardyMoments said

We were all new at some point. I only started commenting around episode 50-ish…. And I was listening since very early in SG:UK

8. I demand photos of the hobnob next to hobnobs.  And maybe a nice cuppa too.

Just wanted to say kudos to Tim for liking a game that hasn’t exactly had a great reception in the gaming press.

I would like to see “HobNob” wearing a best animal of the year 2013 medal. Could that be arranged Dan?

My animal of the year award goes to Spider Monkeys. They are the super heroes of monkeys, catching banana thieves, protecting little monkeys, all in a days job for them :-)

11. Just thought I’d chime in to say ‘ahoy hoy!’ to everyone – both long-time listeners and new faces – who’s been kind enough to say hello on the thread. Apologies for my tardiness, but was actually beached on my sofa following festive over-indulgence.

Qf3ck3r said
    I demand photos of the hobnob next to hobnobs.  And maybe a nice cuppa too.

Well, one of my new year’s resolutions is to fund a lavish lifestyle by pimping out my cat as an internet superstar – so here you go:

photo.jpgImage Enlarger

WarMachine said

I’ll see what I can do – but his patience seemed to be wearing thin after forcing biscuits on him. Also, I value my limbs. tongue

12. steroidtulip

Dan said

Qf3ck3r said
    I demand photos of the hobnob next to hobnobs.  And maybe a nice cuppa too.

photo.jpgImage Enlarger

WarMachine said

That image is so posh I nearly dropped my monocle into my own champagne flute !

13. It’s all good man, I wasn’t referring to this place as being unwelcoming, just taking a quick look at most comment sections on sites is almost enough to make me never want to visit said sites again.

I know how you feel, but for better (and occasionally for worse) BRB isn’t much like other sites happy Also, welcome toothysmile

Thanks thumb Although I think it just may cater to my tastes quite well, I also question how many of those gaming press members played a significant amount of the co-op multiplayer, which ended up being my favourite part hmmm

And Dan, we have had words about this before. Please no more pictures of your nobs on the forums! tongue

14. Dan said