BRB UK 74: Getting A Head

Good day! It’s that time of the week where you sit down with a steaming mug of tea and listen to three mugs – Dan, Jon and Tim – as they navigate the waters of the week’s gaming news.

This week, we ramble about:

• Sony’s Japanese PS4 Event
    • No PS4 for Japan until February
    • Two new Vita models
  • OUYA attempts to Free The Games, gets in trouble
  • Apple’s iPhone Event
    • iPhone 5C
    • iPhone 5S
    • What might Apple’s new A7 chip mean for gaming on the Apple TV?
  • Xbox One-Eighty of The Week: Illumiroom sounded like science fiction, actually is science fiction
  • Puppeteer
  • Peace One Day

We appreciate you chaps and chapettes taking time out of your week to listen to our show. For your convenience, you can simply download the MP3 by clicking HERE or you can subscribe via iTunes, RSS or Zune and stay up to date.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments

1. Dangerous Brian

Great show all of the peoples.

I really want to go to a Table-Top Tuesday event but its the only day where I can guarantee that I am always working. Perhaps a holiday is in order…

I’m perennial now, eh? Like a weed? Fair enough.

2. Great show chaps, keeping the stranded of audio based entertainment at an all time high.

I Phone 5S looks chav-tastic!
    I really enjoyed Puppeteer, though I’m starting to feel that ”stage based’ titles are becoming a genre of their own.

“I have Space Dust and Bon-Bons”, that’s a t shirt slogan right there.

3. Thanks for the shoutout again.

I think Puppeteer is the best Nintendo game not created for or by Nintendo.

Could tell this was going to be a good show right from the intro, nice one.

Feel like Ouya is just on the cusp of greatness, they have a lot of great ideas and the machine itself is pretty good; but then they have these ever so slightly bizarre occurrances, a CEO who continually comes out with mildly odd statements, and no clear market that’s actually buying. In short, would love for the Ouya to do well but don’t think there’s any chance of that actually happening.

Dangerous Brian said
    I’m perennial now, eh? Like a weed? Fair enough.

Lots of plants are perennials! Trees, technically. Although I guess weeds is apt in that they couldn’t get rid of us if they wanted to :p

5. Dangerous Brian

Aurochs said

Dangerous Brian said
    I’m perennial now, eh? Like a weed? Fair enough.

I know, I’m just trying to be awkward. I also doubt they could get rid of us, I’ve been listening since SG days gone by. Never really partook of the site back then though.

6. StealthyJoe

Hi guys good show and very good discussion about the TV addon game, UOYA has so many flaws and Dan is right in say the android is to fragmented and there are no android Die-Hards like there are Apple Die-Hards. Apple has a very strong influence on the people that use apple products and I think many of them would not mind a Apple TV thingy that did game for them.

I have been try to come to table top tuesday from the start but never had the time or energy to get myself down to SoHo on a tuesday, the last time I went to one of your event at loading bar was the Far Cry Blood Dragon party lol and I will also be at euro gamer so might see any of you going there, see you guys around.

7. zombieboy

You guys really make me wish I was in the UK I would love go to table top Tuesdays you guy awesome sorry for not showing love as of late been kinda busy with family

8. bigandy18

Hey guys, more great work on the podcast again this week.

Was really interested to hear about the new versions of the Vita, I’ve had PS Plus since day 1 and downloaded all Vita games that have come out. Gives me a few more reasons to get it if the price is coming down too.

Also have played the Puppeteer demo and I am under orders from the other half to pay for the full version as she is obsessed with it!

Once again superb work guys.

9. steroidtulip

I’ve lost all interest in the I-phone . I got the HTC one which is amazing . Another great cast chaps with all the gang again ! Like dangerous Brian I listened to the SG casts . What are Doc and Narky nickers (Lono) up to these days ?

10. Dangerous Brian

steroidtulip said
    What are Doc and Narky nickers (Lono) up to these days ?

Doc was the guest on the latest Big Red Barrelcast, dunno about Lono… I guess they are still running Sarcastic Gamer.

11. SilverCaboose

Been listening every week for a long time. I keep meaning to get on here and tell you guys how enjoyable you make my bike rides, but I brain fart every time I get on the Internets. Anyway, keep up the awesome work and I’ll hear you the next time I see a show pop-up on the app. =)

12. steroidtulip

Dangerous Brian said

steroidtulip said
    What are Doc and Narky nickers (Lono) up to these days ?

SG is still going ? Oh how fickle I am to drop them . Still I only really listened to SGUK after it came out .

13. StealthyJoe

steroidtulip said
    I’ve lost all interest in the I-phone . I got the HTC one which is amazing .

I also have the HTC one it really is an awesome phone. bigsmile

14. steroidtulip said

Dangerous Brian said

steroidtulip said
    What are Doc and Narky nickers (Lono) up to these days ?

Same here, I didn’t realise they were still going until the podcast popped up on iTunes. Ah SGUK, gone are the days of Tiny Earl sad

StealthyJoe said

steroidtulip said
    I’ve lost all interest in the I-phone . I got the HTC one which is amazing .

I also have the HTC one it really is an awesome phone. bigsmile

One more for the HTC one club here, it’s a pretty decent phone, and not awful for gaming, for sure.

16. steroidtulip

Bring back tiny Earl !!!!

17. steroidtulip said
    Bring back tiny Earl !!!!

Another brother for the cause happy

18. Dangerous Brian

ThePhenomenalC said

steroidtulip said
    Bring back tiny Earl !!!!

Another brother for the cause happy

I dunno, he’s being locked up in that draw for so long now without food and Oxygen, he may have died…

19. Dangerous Brian said

ThePhenomenalC said

steroidtulip said
    Bring back tiny Earl !!!!

Another brother for the cause happy

Exactly. He only had little lungs. No one wants to see the return of a Zombie Tiny Earl. That wouldn’t go well for anyone.

And taking a leaf out of the Xbox marketing dept handbook (as they REALLY know what they are doing atm! tongue) HTC One > ibhone 4 + 5C + 5S

You guys owe it to yourselves to have some well deserved time of and come say hi thumb

As some have already pointed out, really nice to hear the legendary, Doc on a BRB podcast for the first time this week happy

20. Tim said

Dangerous Brian said

ThePhenomenalC said

steroidtulip said
    Bring back tiny Earl !!!!

Another brother for the cause happy

Erm… I totally want to hear Zombie Tiny Earl, maybe that could be a Halloween one off? hmmm

21. Dangerous Brian

ThePhenomenalC said

Tim said

Dangerous Brian said

ThePhenomenalC said

steroidtulip said
    Bring back tiny Earl !!!!

Another brother for the cause happy

Tiny Earl was awesome, use a Phoenix Down on him

22. steroidtulip

If he could only force that drawn open in Tim’s desk we could bring the dream back to life !!!!!

23. Dangerous Brian

Sorry to kill the dream…

24. steroidtulip

Dangerous Brian said

Sorry to kill the dream…

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shock

25. steroidtulip said