BRB Boom 32: 30 Days Of Hummus

It’s time, once again, to put boom in your boom and listen to BRB Boom. This week, Dogsdie, Smelly Pirate and Yoshifett nerd out about Game Maps, the best game console, Playstation All Stars Battle Royale, cosplaying, the deal of the week and other topics that affect today’s gamer.

Please be sure to subscribe to the BRB Boom feed on iTunes or RSS. If you insist, you can always just download the mp3. If you are currently using a computer with iTunes on it, would you mind heading over there and leaving some feedback?

Tags: , , ,

Comments

1. JD

Another great episode!

Wind Waker is very underrated. I guess I see some of the issues with the cell shading, but I appreciated it. It’s something that keeps me interested in Zelda that each iteration seems to be very different visually from the last one (with the exception of OoT to MM).

If you like the GTA series, the maps with the “GPS” made that game pretty awesome.
    (Link to the map size comparison image: http://unrealitymag.com/wp-con…..orlds2.jpg )

Thinking of Roseann Barr while enjoying that humus probably keeps it from being with the quickness.

Side story, my brother has started saying, “cheesin’ so hoard!”

-JD

2. Yoshifett

JD said

I really appreciate the actually sailing aspect of Wind Waker. It’s so relaxing, and at the same time it’s great open-world explorations. I still love that game and I think it gets a bad rap in general.

3. gingerboy507

I loved Wind Waker, probably the best game on gamecube. I would put it right behind Ocarina of Time and Link to the Past as the best Zelda game

I was in middle school when Wind Waker came out and alot of kids hated that game because it was a Gamecube game and not a PS2 or Xbox game. Because Gamecube was the “nerdy” system and PS2 and Xbox were for the cool kids.

4. Shaxster

One of the best episodes in a long time! Absolutely hilarious. Damn you and your hummus, DD.

5. zombiesauerkraut

Sorry to bring the mood down, guys, but I think I’m just not that into hummus anymore. I mean, I’ve had a lot of ladies make me a lot of hummus, but in the end, it’s just mushed up chickpeas. It’s like my fiancee will be all stoked to give me a nice, hot falafel, but all I want is to feel a wiener in my hand! It’s happened: I’m 29 and I’ve already lost the will to live. F- you, earthquakes, F- you!

On a lighter note, the Mass Effect galaxy map is second only to any of the traditional side-scroller Metroid maps, especially the later ones that have a little dot showing which rooms have hidden power-ups. Mmm…better than hummus!

Wind Waker, as well as anything Zelda, is boss. Whoever says Gamecube is for nerds can make me hummus!

Hilarious show, guys! Cheers!

p.s. “Hummus” means “blowjob”, right?

I have yet to finish listening to this episode, but I did want to put a comment where Yoshi might see it.

I just finished Assassin’s Creed, and I remembered your comment on a recent Boom episode about how it was repetitive but that was ok. I think I get what you meant and very much agree. Did you get all the flags?

7. tominie

I love you guys! Thanks!

That is all…..for now……

8. stingo said

This was my thought exactly. The repetition is OK if what you’re repeating is fun, and in this case it was. Glad you got to finish it.

9. MTaylo050

Wouldn’t you get tired of hummus after 30 days?

10. Badhaggis

MTaylo050 said
    Wouldn’t you get tired of hummus after 30 days?

Only if your Stamina isn’t what it used to be.

smelly pirate said

stingo said

It was – In fact I started Assassin’s Creed II the next day.

12. Loved this episode so much that I’ve listened to it around 10 times so far. DogsDie, you should look at the show less of a chore and more as an opportunity to comedy improv about games and just hang with your brother and friend. You may enjoy it more. I still sense that you’re feeling bored with the show, but with the departure of the Blu show, you’re the only guys worth listening to. Flix is good, but mainly cause of Yoshi and Dave but overall the Boom is by far the best podcast now.

~Prime

EDIT: I thought I should clarify: By best podcast, I don’t mean “on BRB” – I mean… “ever.”

13. Prime said

~Prime

Get that corn outta ma face!  Nawwww, I appreciate the kind words.  While recording, I’m not bored with the show at all. Faux boredom has become a sort of shctick or podcast maymay.  Not saying that’s a good thing, but that’s what it is.  I thought this was one of more enjoyable shows we’ve done in ages.

14. DogsDie said

Prime said

~Prime

Glad to hear it man, I look forward to the next episode! :D (I wasn’t trying to be corny btw, but the blu show, red/flix and boom were a huge part of my week. We’re down to 2 of those now, so hopefully you can continue the show for a while yet.

~Prime

15. Yoshifett

MTaylo050 said
    Wouldn’t you get tired of hummus after 30 days?

stingo said

The only way I’d get all the flags is if it guaranteed me hummus for 30 days. I also started playing ACII the day after I finished AC1. I’m currently stuck in the middle of Brotherhood because I’m finally burned out on the Assassin’s Creed universe, but I’m sure I’ll return soon.

16. Don F Fuentes

One star.

17. Resetswitch

funniest podcast I’ve listened to in ages.

my favourite map has to be metal gear solid. first time I truely loved an in game map

18. Yoshifett

Resetswitch said
    funniest podcast I’ve listened to in ages.

Greatly appreciated! We really enjoyed recording this one in particular!

19. Redbeard

Thanks for the shout out on this episode.  And yes! I got the right podcast.  I really appreciate the podcast, this last one was very funny.

thanks Dave for the snaps!

-the real Jason Anderson

20. Barachel

_MG_0997.JPG

See, if you were smart, you would have asked for a Hummus Quartet!

21. Barachel

Sorry, there was supposed to be a photo there, that would have made that much funnier… How can I share a photo with the board?

22. Barachel said

There’s a little picture icon to insert an image in the toolbar of the posting window. BE FUNNIER!

23. Barachel

Image Enlarger

BOOM! How about a Hummus Quartet! Like a hummus variety pack. Craziness.thumb

24. FireMuncher

I would like to lick both of these up until they’re dry

25. Badhaggis

One Metric Tonne of Hummus,

26. FireMuncher

Badhaggis said
    One Metric Tonne of Hummus,

But it says 227 grams

Apropos of nothing, I’ve just tapped a keg of 21st Amendment’s Lower Deboom Barleywine – tasty!

28. Yoshifett

Zero days of hummus this month and counting…

29. FireMuncher

Yoshifett said
    Zero days of hummus this month and counting…

Yoshi do you need me to send you some hummus? I can include some pita bread as well ;)

30. Yoshifett

FireMuncher said

Yoshifett said
    Zero days of hummus this month and counting…

I’ll wait for Samusfett. She makes the best and (since we had a kid) I’ve become used to waiting. LOL. I’m never talking about this publicly again.

30 Days of Hummus most be over by now… What will happen to Boom next?

In the meantime, here’s a search engine for all your gangsta needs.

32. FireMuncher

Yoshifett holla’d

I be bout ta wait fo’ Samusfett. Right back up in yo muthafuckin ass. Biatch makes tha dopest n’ (since our crazy-ass asses had a kid) I’ve become used ta waiting. LOL. I be never rappin’ bout this publicly again.