BRB Boom 30: Turf Murkin

It’s time, once again, to put boom in your boom and listen to BRB Boom. This week, Dogsdie, Smelly Pirate and Yoshifett nerd out about Disney buying the rights to Star Wars, game series that haven’t lived up to their potential, what games need a little Moron in them, the deal of the week and other topics that affect today’s gamer.

Please be sure to subscribe to the BRB Boom feed on iTunes or RSS. If you insist, you can always just download the mp3. If you are currently using a computer with iTunes on it, would you mind heading over there and leaving some feedback?

Comments

1. JLV

Wooh!! New BOOM and opening with an effing song! Love you guys, great song Smelly. So many boomisms.

If I hadn’t eschewed all things social media related I’d be all up in your twitter and facebookface thing.

2. Chuck-Lee-Campbell

Was Yoshi drunk or high when you recorded this?

3. You’ve got to Kill the Girl has now been going round and round in my head for approximately 6 hours.

Thanks guys.

4. B Fishscale

Smelly, Yoshi, DogsDie! If you want to scratch a Geometry War itch with something new, have you played Geometry Wars: Galaxies on the Wii? It’s not new it was a Wii exclusive that came out before GW2, but if you pretend part 1 was one planet (or part 2 was 6 different planets), this game has like 50 different planets that have different enemies and characteristics on each planet… AND you have an upgradeable helper/drone ship that can do different things (for example always shoot in the same direction as you, always shoot the opposite direction as you, snipe at closest enemy, spin around your ship as a shield, etc). The Wii controllers are questionable for Geometry Wars (even the classic SNES styled pad is not great) but other than that I strongly recommend it to Geometry Wars fans who have not played it, you can pretend it is Part 3

5. Yoshifett

Chuck-Lee-Campbell said
    Was Yoshi drunk or high when you recorded this?

6. B Fishscale

ThePhenomenalC said

Thanks guys.

Mission accomplished!

7. Don F Fuentes

Chuck-Lee-Campbell said
    Was Yoshi drunk or high when you recorded this?

http://boards.outerrimsieges.com/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif http://boards.outerrimsieges.com/images/smilies/icon_clap.gif

8. Cory (not the blogger)

Wow, best episode in a while, I was laughing quite a bit.

Y’all seriously need to find a way to get “Kill the Girl” on youtube. It’s the kind of brand-based boosting BRB could use…something to put it on the map the same way parody videos launched the old site. This is pretty hilarious, lots of viral potential.

9. Great episode as always fellas, loved the two songs this time, harkening back to the glory days of Brown! Keep up the awesome work!

Your greatest fan,

Johnny Cage

10. JLV

YES. Dogsdie’s song too. That was fantastic.

11. Shacks

Darth Vader doesn’t run, he doesn’t walk, he stalks. If they would have had him running around in Force Unleashed like Crash Bandicoot, that would have made that game even more horrific.

Outside of that, really great show guys! XD

12. MTaylo050

The Kill the Girl song might be my new favorite song of yours, replacing the interviewsicals and The Old Republic song.

13. MTaylo050 said

Hey thanks brotha!

@Shacks – Then don’t let us play as Vader…it’s entirely too frustrating not being able to run in a game.

14. Shacks

Playing Vader is arguably the only good thing in both of those games. How could you be frustrated blasting wookies with your badass force powers?

15. Cydler

I’m stuck at home for a week recovering from eye surgery. Thanks for the great pod.

16. sheezcrafty

Say something about Spec Ops: The Line when you’re done Yoshi. Curious to hear your opinion. Time is indeed the enemy, there’s never enough. Enjoyed this one, I’ll post more if the blackmail stops.

17. Yoshifett

sheezcrafty said

I’m 2/3 of the way through and I can’t wait to finish it!

18. Yoshifett said

sheezcrafty said

I’m 2/3 of the way through and I can’t wait to finish it!

Hrmmm…can’t wait to finish it…That could be “This sucks and I can’t wait to stop playing it!” or “This is awesome and I can’t wait to see how it ends!”  I go with the former.

19. zombiesauerkraut

I can’t believe Smelly actually went through with reading my Napoleon post.    XD   I thought it was too ‘dumb and almost racist’ to be aired, but thanks all the same for the mention.   X)

Great to have two new parody songs! I hope you guys get back in the habit. Dogsdie, you have allowed me to rekindle the love I once had for the Little Mermaid. Tonight I will dream of Amy Adams’ aquatic pun tag.   XP

I’m going to condition myself so that I instinctively shout ‘curf murkin’ whenever I feel the urge to cuss. My fiancee is getting sick of me taking Mitt Romney’s name in vain.   Xo

Great show guys, can’t wait till the next one. Cheers!   <@XD

P.S. I hate all latinacons

20. sheezcrafty said
    I’ll post more if the blackmail stops.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

21. Yoshifett

DogsDie said

“This is awesome and I can’t wait to see how it ends!”

Re: Spec Ops The Line – This^^^

22. Don F Fuentes

Threeeeaaaad Killllleeeeerrrr!!!!

23. Don F Fuentes said
    Threeeeaaaad Killllleeeeerrrr!!!!

IRONY!!!!!

24. zombiesauerkraut

Hey Boomers and Boombas. I have a 9 hour car trip coming up and am putting a Brown/Boom song playlist together. I found all of the Brown songs from the old site and have the two from last week’s episode. Does anyone know if there were any other Boom songs and in which episodes I could find them? Cheers.

25. Yoshifett

zombiesauerkraut said

I don’t, but I love your spirit!

26. zombiesauerkraut

Hey, that reminds me, Yoshi…where is “I am Kraid, I am Ridley”? That was like one of my two favorite songs that you were a part of. When Samusfett started on the high notes, for a sec I thought it was still you singing! lol Reminds me of the episode where Bart thinks he hears his girlfriend singing in church, and then goes inside to see that it was actually Flanders…Simpsons did it! Simpsons did it! So yeah, would be sweat if you guys could scrape together all those awesome old tracks (including the lost ones) and post em somewhere. Cheers!

27. TamarindLAZ

This episode was pure brilliance.

DogsDie, once again, great job on the song. I’d love to hear more Disney/Star Wars song. Love the clips from the movie you added to the song, especially when your lyrics transitioned to Anakin yelling “LIAR.”. That kind of thing sends shivers down the spine. thumb

Also, from what I heard, Yoshifett is gonna save the BRB community, so I’m sending him lots of luck. :)

Keep up the great work gentlemen.

28. TamarindLAZ said
    This episode was pure brilliance.

Keep up the great work gentlemen.

Thanks Tam!  I was VERY pleased with how the liar line turned out.  I wrote that lyric and recorded myself singing it, then remembered Anakin screams liar and had to throw it in.

I’ve been scrambling to think of more Disney/Star Wars songs and hopefully Smelly and I can make a few more. funnnn

29. Yoshifett