BRB Boom 5: Bitter With Kinect

It’s time to, once again, put boom in your boom and listen to BRB Boom.  Join DogsDie, Smelly Pirate and Yoshifett as they nerd out about Mass Effect, pinball, Aussie gaming moments, a deal of the week and other topics that keep them from talking about MLB The Show.

Please be sure to subscribe to the BRB Boom feed on iTunes or RSS. If you insist, you can always just download the mp3. If you are currently using a computer with iTunes on it, would you mind heading over there and leaving some feedback? Thanks for the Diggs!

Tags: , , , , , ,

Comments

1. TamarindLAZ

I.O.U.
    1 “Stroppy” Fett

2. McNally

Great episode guys. Thanks for the shout outs Yoshi and Dogsdie. This is the first time I’ve been called Raj McNally though, I’m noot upset, it was just confusing at 2 in the morning.

3. Ploogle

Gotta love context-free quotes!

And I haven’t had a Slurpee in years, so I don’t remember what they cost!

4. AjaxWashington

Ploogle said
    Gotta love context-free quotes!

And I haven’t had a Slurpee in years, so I don’t remember what they cost!

I don’t know the price, but all I know (from experience and other people) is that the Slurpees of now are not as good as those of 5 years ago.

5. puffkix

Jiggly boobs game is Dead or Alive (DOA). Not that I would know that…

@Yoshifett I love Mass Effect 1 the very most of the series but I gotta disagree about the Mako. I hated driving the Mako around, regardless of it making the missions feel more “complete”. I’d much rather sit down for 15 minutes and get a mission done, followed by a “what did we learn” recap from Admiral Hackett than have to drive that stupid uncontrollable Mako. Also I have exploration OCD so it would take me a half hour just to get to the mission marker in the Mako, that might have something to do with my dislike of it.

6. puffkix

TamarindLAZ said
    I.O.U.
    1 “Stroppy” Fett

I’m super pumped to see your StroppyFett

7. frawlzfans

Loved the show, I spent the whole mass effect debate on edge worrying if you were going to slip in some spoilers thankfully you didnt.

8. Mahagna

Great episode, but I think BOOM has a severe lack of Mormon stories and Yoshi “Suck it”s.

9. Reverend Shaft

frawlzfans said

+1. I had to completely skip a few episodes around the release of ME2 due to the spoiler dropping. (Which, of course, I still haven’t finished. And I need to wrap that up this weekend so I can open the copy of ME3 that is currently sitting on my shelf collecting dust and BF3 uniforms.)

I side with Yoshi on the shameless cross-marketing, too. That’s as completely unforgivable as putting Kermit in an episode of Fraggle Rock. And that never happened, did it? No. Game, set, match.

10. puffkix

Reverend Shaft said

So what you’re saying is that it’s like a Muppet Family Christmas?

11. zombiesauerkraut

My fiancée has never tasted a sandwich. Maybe I’ll finally cave on our next anniversary.

Good for you, Dogsdie, for picking up ME1. Currently on my 5th playthrough (don’t judge, my  problem’s not hurting anyone). Don’t let your not-liking the game interfere with your liking the game, Dogs.

I miss the Mako. The planet surface stuff let you feel like you were really exploring the galaxy. Best game of all time…of all time!

BTW I’m creamin’ so HHHOOORD for General Hackett!

Cool show, guys!

12. Raj

Great show gents. Loving the Aussie content even with the grossly over exaggerated accents 😉 And FYI the toilet doesn’t flush the other way, that’s an urban legend.

13. Reverend Shaft

puffkix said

Reverend Shaft said

So what you’re saying is that it’s like a Muppet Family Christmas?

Hrmm… No, not really. The Muppet Family Christmas would be a MMORTS featuring a Jedi, a Grey Warden, and Shepard ganking Rich Uncle Pennybags for the right to spend an entire day breaking pickaxes at the bejeweled mines, singing in Simlish all the live-long day.

That’s not a game I want to play, and that’s probably why I never watched The Muppet Family Christmas. 🙂

14. Monkeyspunk

Reverend Shaft said

puffkix said

Reverend Shaft said

So what you’re saying is that it’s like a Muppet Family Christmas?

….It probably says nothing positive about me that I would pay money for that game.

15. Havok83

Im with Dogsdie. I also wanted Miranda and Ashley to fight over my Shep…lol

16. puffkix

Monkeyspunk said

Reverend Shaft said

puffkix said

Reverend Shaft said

So what you’re saying is that it’s like a Muppet Family Christmas?

I thought it sounded fun too…

17. Wanted to let you all know…sorry we missed recording this week, our schedules got messy.  We’re recording tomorrow night, so expect a show on Wednesday

18. Monkeyspunk

DogsDie said

First BKR and now this?!  The quantum singularity of Yoshi’s hipsterness is causing untold amounts of suck this week…

19. Raj

DogsDie said

No… no…. Mr DogsDie. Me no clean. Tell him I no can do Friday

20. Shanghai Six

RRRGH. Damn you boys and your catchy theme music! Have it stuck in my head for a half hour after I listen to the show.

21. LadyWallflower

^Tell me about it,I can totally relate. tongue

22. Wolfman

Did anybody else feel that this episode was somewhat repetitious?