Geek Speak 93: Jo’s French Boyfriend

Hello there! Here is another episode of Geek Speak for your lovely ear-holes.

As Alex, Jo and Diarmuid are melting in this London weather, they also managed to see and play some stuff. Tune in for more delicious deets.

This week they chat about:

• Time-Waster of the week: All the E3 Stuff!
    • Listen to BRBUK E3 Special Episode here.
    • Our game of the show: Shadow of the Colossus, Anthem, Marvel’s Spider-Man, Skull & Bones, Detroit: Become Human
    • Our next buy: Uncharted 4: the Lost Legacy, Life is Strange: Before the Storm
    • Our favourite conference: Ubisoft and Sony
  • Telltale’s Guardians of the Galaxy Episode 2: Under Pressure
  • Diarmuid loves Your Name
  • Jo doesn’t love The Mummy

The usual links:

Our logo is courtesy of Monica Ion.

Thanks you lovely Geek Peeps for giving our little show a listen, we really appreciate it. Did you know that you can download this butt-laden episode by clicking HERE to receive a lovely MP3 of the show? You can also subscribe via iTunes, RSS feed or Stitcher and get all our new shows delivered automatically as they’re released.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments

Superb show ladies, I continue to enjoy the perspective you bring on video games. It is a nice contrast to the UK show so between both shows I get a well rounded perspective of current video game events 🙂

2. WarMachine said
    Superb show ladies

3. StealthyJoe

Diarmuid got are such a lovely lady lol. Great show guys, as I did not watch the e3 my best part was all of you guys on the Brb UK e3 special. I am looking for skull and bones have wanted a pirates game with our assassin’s creed attached to it for so long.

Why thank you for the review of the mummy, wanted to see as I lived the previous mummy, or was part of my childhood and just so much fun, and I agree number 3 did not do it .

Anthem surprised me and I might get into that.

4. Alex

WarMachine said

Thanks! Was a bit worried about that part of the show as I didn’t want to repeat BRBUK stuff. I am glad we managed to show a different perspective that is enjoyable.

Diarmuid said

<snip>

It’s really a compliment, Di! tonguetoothysmile

StealthyJoe said

Same, The Mummy movies were my childhood. Even though 3rd one was a bit of a downer, the other two I can re-watch endlessly. I am refusing to see that Tom Cruise monstrosity.

Diarmuid said

WarMachine said
    Superb show ladies

Diarmuid I am used to just addressing the lovely BRB ladies when giving feedback, sorry for forgetting to address you *facePalms* You done a superb job as always and as I am Northern Irish it is always nice to hear an Irish accent on a podcast 🙂

6. StealthyJoe

Alex said

Yes I can re-watch the first lads of times and not get bored with the fun, I think I might boycott Tom Cruise, he had not made any thing really interesting or fun in years and now he is messing with my childhood lol.

7. WarMachine said

8. Richard Kirke

Fun show ladies and gent.

So the Mummy sucks. Can’t say I surprised. Why do studios keep trying to launch franchises without making sure the first movie is good?

The strange thing about people’s response to the Mummy is that it has made people look back on the Brendan Fraser films with such affection. Weren’t they terrible? I’m sure they were terrible too.

Can I submit the iPhone game “Framed” as a time waster of the week?

9. Alex

Richard Kirke said
    Can I submit the iPhone game “Framed” as a time waster of the week?

You can recommend it, but we try to keep our Time-Wasters free of charge.

10. Richard Kirke

Yup, Framed is free on iOS. It’s a really satisfying puzzle game.

11. Alex

Richard Kirke said

Yup, Framed is free on iOS. It’s a really satisfying puzzle game.

Huh, weird it showed me a price when I clicked on the link. Anyway, cool. What’s it about?

12. Richard Kirke

Alex, sorry about that Framed is no longer free. I think Knights Of Pen And Paper 2 is still free though https://itunes.apple.com/no/app/knights-of-pen-paper-2/id901787752?mt=8 that has wasted a LOT of my time…