BRB UK 152: Dammit Coleman!

Welcome to one and all of out dear listeners to another ramblefest we like to call the Big Red Barrel UK Podcast. Well it looks like the team is a man down this week as Tim has done a runner to no doubt do exciting things so that he can talk about them at great length next time. But fear not, for you still have Dr Destiny Dan and Colemiibo Coleman to keep you up to date with the world of video games.

This week we natter on about:

• Call of Duty dominates Xbox’s backwards compatibility requests
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider finally gets revealed as multi-platform
  • Dan’s in the Street Fighter V Beta
  • Prototype comes to current gen consoles
  • PlayStation have some awesome deals
  • Coleman & Dan get to grips with Tembo the Badass Elephant
    • Plus Journey & Godzilla
  •  Team BRB UK suck at Rocket League

We appreciate you chaps taking time out of your week to listen to our show.  For your convenience, you can simply download the MP3 by clicking HERE or you can subscribe via iTunes or RSS and stay up to date.

Vote BRB UK

During the show we made mention to Heart of Gaming’s GoFundMe campaign, which you can checkout yourself HERE.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Comments

1. Ricardo Kirkabon

Hi!

I am becoming strangely fascinated by the Bristol Stool Scale: I have started to celebrate every time I score a 4.

Richard Kirke said
    Hi!

Tim wasn’t on this week so basically I didn’t have to explore the Glasgow Coma Scale when he goes on a ramble about Ryse 😀

3. I have a question Guys sorry if this is wrong place to ask ? but i wanted to bring this up as Coleman mentioned he would love questions lol,

Firstly i have ps4 / xbx1 both with live attached to them and i love grabbing the free games My question for you guys is this!

why does xbox allow you to enjoy your free games without the need for xbox live if it expires but Playstation Locks all content unless you have PS-Plus  i see it as hey User your just renting give us more money and you can continue to rent off us!

it is the worst thing possible i dont always renew ps-plus as i dont really play online only really to grab the free stuff if its any good and keep my Vita topped up but as soon as that expires my ps4/vita are useless unless i subscribe again

Cheers guys Great show 😉

4. I sucked at Rocket League.

I listen to podcast.

I hear ‘ball cam’ advice.

I suck much less at Rocket League! Thanks guys!!

I think my entry for last episode’s caption competition is: “These guys just discovered the wonders of BALL CAM!”

On the topic of lag and computer controlled players I was playing a game of 3v3 and we went 2 0 up after about 20 seconds.  2 of the opponents left and 1 stayed and because of the insane lag and the fact the AI isn’t affected we lost 10 2 lol

P.S. Dan this might entertain you

6. Richard Kirke said
    Hi!

Stop encouraging Dan!

spikeychris said

There’s rumors of Ryse coming to Games with Gold next month so I may actually give it a play.

iiCe89 said
    why does xbox allow you to enjoy your free games without the need for xbox live if it expires but Playstation Locks all content unless you have PS-Plus  i see it as hey User you’re just renting give us more money and you can continue to rent off us!

I thought that Xbox One follows the same rules as PlayStation Plus (in that you need a valid subscription), while Xbox 360 allows you to keep the games? In any case, the reason is because is money. Free games in this case aren’t really free, to take from your example it is more like renting – or possibly Netflix. You want to play extra games? Better pay the piper.

Not that I’m complaining, I think both services are great value – even if I’ll never play everything I download.

iiCe89 said
    Cheers guys Great show 😉

Thanks for listening thumb

Unflushable said
    I sucked at Rocket League.

I listen to podcast.

I hear ‘ball cam’ advice.

I suck much less at Rocket League! Thanks guys!!

If that’s not providing a public service then I don’t know what is?

7. Thanks for the replys guys just a couple of things I forgot to stick in the show notes:

• A little while ago, Tim spoke about guesting on One Life Left which you can listen to HERE.
    • Even longer ago I guested on Ready Player 2 which just came out and can be found HERE.
    • Lastly, I did actually stick a Rocket League Gamer Night section up in the forums HERE, looking forward to you all beating me.
  8. imagine the World goes into a nuclear meltdown and you’re sent to live underground,  you have 10 minutes to grab 1 console & only 1 game that you can take with you

What would you take?

mine would  have to be (The Last of us ) on my PS4 i loved everything about that game , but being locked underground would give me the time to Explore properly & complete on the highest difficulties

9. Ricardo Kirkabon

iiCe89 said
    imagine the World goes into a nucleur meltdown and your sent to live underground ,  you have 10minuted to grab 1 console & only 1 game that you can take with you

What would you take?

Dark Souls on the Xbox

Never played any of the Souls series, but I figure it will probably keep me amused/funstrated until madness or starvation cause my death.

Although I was tempted to go for Final Fantasy VII remake on the PS4

10. iiCe89 said

What would you take?

I HAVE A QUESTION!

Would we still miraculously have an internet connection in this hypothetical apocalyptic land?

iiCe89 said

What would you take?

I don’t think the last of us would last a nuclear apocalypse while it is one of my favourite games of all time it wouldn’t have THAT much replay value.

If I am allowed to cheat and suggest a game that isn’t out yet no man sky will keep you going for eternity lol.

If I am not allowed to cheat then it would possibly be a Wii U with Mario Kart 8.

12. iiCe89 said
    imagine the World goes into a nuclear meltdown and your sent to live underground,  you have 10 minutes to grab 1 console & only 1 game that you can take with you

What would you take?

I’d use the console grabbing time to grab my MacBook Pro, and the game grabbing time to grab the charger for it.  I’d then have my Steam library to keep me amused for the rest of time.  If the nuclear meltdown somehow deleted my Steam library, leaving me with one game to play, I’d have to choose Football Manager.  That would keep me amused for a looooong time.

Or maybe Wasteland 2, that might help with surviving the aftermath of nuclear war happy

13. Ricardo Kirkabon

Unflushable said: I’d have to choose Football Manager.

Great shout, if I genuinely had to shut myself off from society then Football Manager would be perfect (as if I ever owned a copy again I would cut myself off from society…). Of course, I’d take my PC over any console (as I have proved by owning one and no console).

14. internet is Ok however it would only be one game 😉 no Steam libarys etc would purely be one game & No mans sky is a great shout hopefully it will be a good game.

15. loving the Replies so Far

Im gunna change my game to GTa V that would last forever

16. iiCe89 said

Well in that case I’d say some form of MMO would be a good shout, if we have to stick to consoles then a PS4 with DC Universe Online would keep me happy.

Though thinking about it, I would have more time for Riddler trophy hunting in Arkham Knight.

Basically, something with Batman. toothysmile

17. DC universe is a great game made it level 30 no real idea how to play that game , im addicted to Elder scrolls online (xbox one) so much to do now veteran 4 i find it strange the lack of talk about it for consoles there is a huge wealth of content to get through , 64 levels the huge online PVP and getting to go Skyrim etc yet nobody speaks of it

18. iiCe89 said
    DC universe is a great game…

THANK YOU!

iiCe89 said
    I’m addicted to Elder scrolls online (xbox one) so much to do now veteran 4 i find it strange the lack of talk about it for consoles there is a huge wealth of content to get through , 64 levels the huge online PVP and getting to go Skyrim etc yet nobody speaks of it

We spoke of it, or at least Dan did anyway. tongue

19. ahh Sweet will check it out thanks again great work good to see quailty podcast in UK for once also happy to help in any way im a graphic designer happy to help out for free anytime

iiCe89 said

If we have internet does that mean the developers are still going in which case I choose world of warcraft 😛 haha

I find it disapointing that Call Of Duty took up so many of the top 10 backwards compatibilty requests but as an elder scrolls addict I am pleased that Skyrim was on the list. It will not suit everyones tastes but it is a brilliant open world RPG that I can still easily enjoy to this day 🙂

22. If there’s a nuclear war.

And the Internet gets destroyed.

And humanity is destroyed.

And there’s no electricity.

Somehow…

…I WILL STILL GET FARM HEROES SAGA INVITES angryangryangryangryangryangryangryangry

23.  Oddly, no Tim but Dan was able to say half of the normal “Basically”s.  He is worming himself into your mind Capt’N.

24. Rawley

Dammit Coleman! is unquestionably ‘a thing’.

25. Q-F3ck3r said

The horror… THE HORROR!

Rawley said
    Dammit Coleman! is unquestionably ‘a thing’.

I question this.

iiCe89 said

Good for you to say, a lot of hard work has been going into this show for a long time (if you can believe that) and if just one person enjoys the outcome, it’s totally worth it.

If you ever wanted to show off your graphic skills, the idea of listener art is a cool one. thumb

26. TheBarrelInTheRoom

Great Job Doctor Doctor Destiny Dan and Colemiibo.

Great to listen to. Just wanted to let you know due to Coleman’s love of the cute plushy things, I am now a collector of 5 Amiibo’s and am waiting to obtain more.

Thanks for letting grown men have an excuse to by small plastic toys again!

TheBarrelInTheRoom said
    Great Job Doctor Doctor Destiny Dan and Colemiibo.

Thanks for letting grown men have an excuse to by small plastic toys again!

That’d make you and Coleman Amiibros.

28. bought Destiny again after hitting level 28 last year playing alpha / Beta then trading it in because i was like thats enough just walked out of asda with new copy…