BRB UK 144: Heavenstrike Swift

Get ready to strap those ears in ladies & gentleman because Team BRB UK are going to take them for the ride of their life! Got your attention? Goody.

Not only do we have a hot show for you this week but we also have a hotter line-up as Dan, Coleman & Tim are joined by the fantabulous man from MediatonicEd Fear.

So settle down, get yourself comfy and listen to this lot speak all the words about:

• Heavenstrike Rivals
  • New Xbox One controller inbound
  • FIFA 16 now includes women’s pig bladder ball teams
  • Ultra Street Fighter IV is allegedly all kinds of broken
  • Coleman is excited about Batman: Arkham Knight
  • MAAAAAASIVE CHAAAAAALICEEEE!
  • Another Destiny update from Dan
  • J-Stars Victory Vs+
  • One Piece Pirate Warriors 3
  • Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm IV
  • Life is Strange – Episode 3
We appreciate you chaps taking time out of your week to listen to our show.  For your convenience, you can simply download the MP3 by clicking HERE or you can subscribe via iTunes, RSS or Zune and stay up to date.
Thanks to our friends over at Insert Coin and in celebration of their new Metal Gear Solid 1984 Collection, we are giving our listeners the chance to win a £25 voucher code. All you have to do to enter is comment on this here forum (either Big Red Barrelcast, BRB UK or Geek Speak) and let us know, just what were you doing in 1984? Don’t worry you can make it up and say something like “Drinking a tab clear with Arnie and Regan while playing Space Invaders!
As if a competition wasn’t enough excitement f0r you, we’ve also got a 20% discount code for all of our dear listeners to use on any of the fine products over at Insert Coin. Simply use the code ICBRB20 when checking out and enjoy.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments

1. Ricardo Kirkabon

Wowsers, that guest from last week has decided he can take over has he? This will not stand! #BringBackJohnBrady

Massive Chalice looks interesting actually. It suggests a very, very much simplified Crusader Kings II.

As for the contest, I was graduating high school when the year old David Letterman show was on. Journey, Van Halen and Styx were all in my cassette collection. I also bought Amadeus on VHS tape and saw Raiders of the Lost Ark in the theaters, and Han Solo still shot first.

Excellent show chaps, keep up the great work 🙂

Awh thanks Dan! Can’t believe you remembered it was my Thursday.
    Life is strange is really decent for all the reasons listed on the podcast. It feels like playing one of those feel-good high school movies, just pleasant. That said, won’t be playing episode 3 for a while as a really frustrating glitch messed me up in ep2 (mild ramble ahead, sorry!). So in episode one there’s a section where you can choose to either take a photo of this event or step in and intervene (you know what I mean if you’ve played it) and at first I took a photo, but couldn’t really live with that so went back and intervened. Thing is; from then on it became apparent that the game had recorded me as doing both of the options. So whenever there was dialogue relating to the event the game would get glitchy and two lines of dialogue would play at the same time. Now I though this was really cool, not having read much about the game it seemed like it was intentional- maybe messing with the past was breaking reality or something? It was super sweet. But as episode two progressed it got a bit more frustrating- up to the BIG EVENT right at the end of ep 2. Now if you’ve intervened previously then you can help out a lot more with this event, and I got all of that dialogue but then suddenly at the end of the scene the game went “Nope, you didn’t help out earlier, screw you!” so the bad thing happened. Given that the entire emphasis of the game is player choice, it was super frustrating to have that removed from me by poor mechanics. Anyway. Sorry about that.

Thanks for the episode, it was a really good one. Glad that the guests are continuing even though Dan’s back; it is an interesting format and seems to work really well!

5. angryjock

Hi guys great show shame you don’t have any way for android to download the extra content goodness in uk

I’m not sure we’re you enter to insert coin comp I’m thinking here ?

In 1984 I went to Elton John’s wedding (to a girl , yeah I know) it was a glitzy affair with Keith Floyd cooking up some smash however I did get sat next to bono and had to listen to his plans to save Africa or something I wasn’t paying much attention as I had tetris on my game boy under the table .

The couple first dance was to prince a nice touch I thought

What really topped of the night was when I got home my recoding of footloose on vhs i would run you off a copy but I’m out of sellatape

Keep up the good work guys

Angry jock

6. Richard Kirke said

We think he may have been sent from Bungie to infiltrate the show? Judging by how much he talks about Destiny that is.

stingo said
    Massive Chalice looks interesting actually.

tumblr_mwxzh21UO21s6mq4ho1_250.gif

WarMachine said
    Excellent show chaps, keep up the great work 🙂

Thank you sir. toothysmile

Aurochs said

Glad you think so, personally I’ve wanted to have all of us whenever a guest is on. Listening to a few of the shows when Dan was away, you’ll notice I say things like “you know Dan would say…” when it’s much better to hear Dan’s opinion.

angryjock said

Do you mean like this?

Although we’ve been a bit naughty and not put out any bonus content on this show, something we’re looking to rectify soon.

angryjock said
    I’m not sure we’re you enter to insert coin comp I’m thinking here ?

That’s the plan, good entry by the way. thumb

7. Ricardo Kirkabon

Oh and Coleman, Hi.

8. Richard Kirke said
    Oh and Coleman, Hi.

HI!

Coleman said

tumblr_mwxzh21UO21s6mq4ho1_250.gif

Hey, it’s a Double Fine game. Gotta give them the benefit of the doubt.

10. stingo said
    Hey, it’s a Double Fine game. Gotta give them the benefit of the doubt.

Don’t worry, I’m not laughing at the latest efforts of Double Fine. I’m just incredibly immature and find the name funny is all.

11. Intense Degree

Great show guys, I always enjoy listening.

However, I just wanted to say…

In 1984, I woke up in Airstrip 1 and the telescreen ran me through the physical jerks. “What the…” I started to think before avoiding that thoughtcrime and then using doublethink to forget the whole episode. Not too many weeks after being carted off to the ministry of love, I too loved big brother.

Teh WinNar?!?!?!

Coleman said

stingo said
    Hey, it’s a Double Fine game. Gotta give them the benefit of the doubt.

No worries. Having laughed quite long and well at Dan’s wankery last episode, I can certainly appreciate the merits of immaturity. Carry on.

So seeing as planetside 2 is launching this month… gamernight? lol

14. I don’t know, you register on a forum, don’t bother to post for 3 years after only having posted once back then and someone goes and deletes your account!

Dan went a little militant on nuking any accounts that hadn’t been used for a while (it wiped out BRB’s Dave’s account at the time too!) It was in an effort to delete a load of spam accounts but by the time we realised that this had also taken out a load of genuine ones it was too late to rescue them.

Apologies for the inconvenience, but at least we know that everyone around here is less likely to be a robot! Unchecked I have seen this sort of paranoia cause problems in other communities (Battlestar Galactica being a prime example! = p)

spikeychris said
    So seeing as planetside 2 is launching this month… gamernight? lol

Doesn’t sound like my type of gamernight! tongue But wanted to see if anyone is around tonight to play some Splatoon! Plan to jump on post-podcasting, so probably about 9pmthumb Nintendo ID = MightyMutt

15. Intense Degree

Tim said

Hey, no need to apologise! It was completely reasonable and I was just trying (and failing) to be funny!

I’d like to do gamernights but the time difference kills it but for weekends. Well, in this case, not having a Wii U is a consideration as well.

17. Intense Degree said

Tim said

toothysmile It wasn’t that I didn’t get the joke and it did make me chuckle, just realised that quite a few people might be in a similar position and we never really mentioned it! I am glad you felt compelled to rejoin at any rate thumb

stingo said

No Wii U No Cry!

I would like to be a lot more proactive with gamernights but I always struggle to know ahead of time when I’ll be available. Point in case, last night I didn’t play any Splatoon as by the time I finished emailing after recording the podcast it was 23.20 hmmm (I did then go on to play some Codename STEAM, but didn’t want to spend half the play time I had available installing a new game!)

18. Dangerous Brian

Great show as always. All three Hosts AND a guest? You treat me so well.

Coleman said

Bonus content? I want!

I just wanted to say that I saw, not one, but TWO MASSIVE CHALICES out in the wild. I was at the soft opening (yes, yes, I know, I know) for a new beer bar, and they had two such drinking implements on their shelves. Toward the end of the night they were both filled with Houblon Chouffe and the people (including myself) partook. Of course, I immediately thought of the game and this thread.

20. stingo said

stfn.gif

stingo said
    I was at the soft opening…

nicolascageconfusedemotions.gif

21. Entertaining as ever lads.