BRB UK 132: BRB With A Q

Holy three guests in a row Batman, we’ve got our third guest in a row! Yes dear listeners, we are in fact Danless once again. On the plus side however, that means we get another guest to join us for BRBR UK this week. So prepare yourself as we’ve got Richard Mitchell on board, rising from the ashes of Joystiq like a glorious Phoenix… only with a microphone.

So this week our heros talk about:

• Life after Joystiq
  • Persona Q
  • Getting to grips with GameMaker
  • Another delay for Project CARS
  • Is Rock Band returning?
  • London gets an eSports Arena
  • Hand of Fate
We appreciate you chaps taking time out of your week to listen to our show.  For your convenience, you can simply download the MP3 by clicking HERE or you can subscribe via iTunes, RSS or Zune and stay up to date.

We’ve partnered up with the fine folks over at Audible, who are giving our listeners a chance to support the show by stetting up a new account for a 30-day free trial and claiming a free audio book.

All you have to do is follow the link and sign up: Audible.co.uk/redbarrel.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Comments

1. I hope BRB UK never changes…

“We will talk about Evolve next week”

/proceeds to talk about Evolve for the next five minutes.

It was really cool to hear Richard on the show. MOAR AWESOMS GUESTS PLZ!

Excellent episode chaps, keep up the great work :-)

Cheers for the episode, chaps! After all the talk about the Joystiq podcasts the other week really glad you got to podcast with Richard, Tim! Could tell you were enjoying yourself.
    And big congrats on the engagement! Can’t believe I missed that at Tabletop Tuesday (which was awesome btw, good to see you) :|
    Hope that there is a new rock band as well; got loads of enjoyment out of the old ones, but like most people my peripherals have been just sat there taking up space for quite a while now…

4. ^ It has really surreal to be podcasting with Richard. Listening back to it sounded like a clash between worlds, like some sort of crossover event happy Really grateful to get the opportunity to podcast with Richard but it was strange after so many years of listening to him podcast for Joystiq.

Thank you! bigsmile My only regret from this episode is with all the excitement I forgot to give you a shout out on the podcast, as it was really nice to see you! I’m glad (but not surprised) you had a good time happy

5. Ricardo Kirkabon

Hi,

A slightly unnerving episode as Tim kept saying my name. Kept wanting to answer his questions…

“Help me Tim, I’m rambling” Possibly Coleman’s lowest podcasting moment!

Extra Creditz recommended Hand Of Fate a little while ago, video here Video Here

Keep up the good work

6. Ozfatboy

Another fantastic show guys. Funny  and informative as usual.

Tim said

Already got the next trip down planned; booked a Wednesday off work and everything thumb

8. Diarmuid said
    “We will talk about Evolve next week”
    /proceeds to talk about Evolve for the next five minutes.

In my defence, I really wanted to talk about Evolve.

Diarmuid said
    MOAR AWESOMS GUESTS PLZ!

I think it would be cool to try a guest with the whole team in… maybe one day.

WarMachine said
    Excellent episode chaps, keep up the great work :-)

Ta happy

Aurochs said

Me too winky2 Guitar Hero has been  confirmed since this show but it’s just not the same.

Richard Kirke said
    “Help me Tim, I’m rambling” Possibly Coleman’s lowest podcasting moment!

I thought that was the sinus medication incident?

Ozfatboy said
    Another fantastic show guys. Funny  and informative as usual.

Another TA! bigsmile

On an unrelated note, anybody coming to EGX Rezzed to say hi?

Hey, I’m an avid This American Life listener – good stuff.

Currently listening to the ep now.

10. stingo said
    Hey, I’m an avid This American Life listener – good stuff.

Well done, you win a biscuit.thumb

11. Josh

Great show guys, once again, quite different but not particularly in a bad way.

Still giggling like a child whenever my drinking game gets referenced (BTW: I am not responsible for any damage of property or persons whilst playing those rules)

Congrats to Tim on the engagement…. I wonder how many times you said “Basically” whilst proposing?

Excellent show as always chaps and congrats to Tim for basically, proposing.

Excellent show as always chaps and congrats to Tim for basically, proposing.

Bleezeyboy said
    Great show guys, once again, quite different but not particularly in a bad way.

There’s a BRB proposal drinking game in here somewhere.

“Oh my dear, basically being with you is better than being at E3, and I should know because basically I was there.”

15. zombiesauerkraut

Mighty Mutt, you dog! Congratulations on the engagement! Well done, mate :D

Great show, as usual. Looking forward to hearing the Cap’n back soon.

Cheers!

16. StealthyJoe

Awesome episode and Richard was great and wish him all the best in the future.

Congrats Tim :)

(I don’t really use tweeter)

one comment I have always wanted to say is that some times when you are talking about a game you only say the name once at the beginning and if it sounds interesting and I have to go back to hear what game you’re talking about. This mainly only happens when Tim and Yoshi talk and I think this might of been a comment already as it seems to happen less often.

17. Ricardo Kirkabon

StealthyJoe said

I also have the problem that I loose track of which game you are talking about if I am not completely concentrating.

18. Richard Kirke said

StealthyJoe said

Well that is something that I suffer from as a listener of other podcasts, so have tried to improve on where we can. The only other thing which might help is that, aside from a few other references, we do tend to stick to the list of games we have in the podcast description – although I fully accept that is sometimes awkward to get to when listening to a podcast. Where possible I will try and make sure we re-mention the title of a game before moving on in future though thumb

Richard Kirke said

StealthyJoe said

Me too. Which is why I often have the forum thread up while listening so I can keep track of which game’s being talked about.

20. Josh

stingo said

Bleezeyboy said
    Great show guys, once again, quite different but not particularly in a bad way.

There’s a BRB proposal drinking game in here somewhere.

A BRB Proposal drinking game would be pretty simple

She says yes- Drink champagne

She says no- Drink EVERYTHING ELSE! :D

Bleezeyboy said

stingo said

Bleezeyboy said
    Great show guys, once again, quite different but not particularly in a bad way.

There’s a BRB proposal drinking game in here somewhere.

A BRB Proposal drinking game would be pretty simple

She says yes- Drink champagne

She says no- Drink EVERYTHING ELSE! :D

Once again, aptly observed. Cheers!

22. Josh

stingo said

Once again, aptly observed. Cheers!

What can I say… I’ve found my calling :)