BRB UK 90: Scratchin’ Dominator

Blimey – it looks like BRB UK is officially nonagenarian. That’s posh for we’ve done a lot of episodes. To celebrate, and to avoid him talking to himself, Dan is joined by Dave and Jamie (a.k.a. Smashsoul) to witter on about all things gaming.

This week’s pithy musings include:

• Titanfall will wish you a happy Valentine’s Day
  • Xbox One competitive digital pricing is ‘on the agenda’
  • PlayStation Vita Slim
  • Microsoft is offering $100 off an Xbox One if you trade in a PS3
  • Nintendo’s execs feel the pinch
  • Elder Scrolls Online
  • Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

We appreciate you chaps and chapettes taking time out of your week to listen to our show. For your convenience, you can simply download the MP3 by clicking HERE or you can subscribe via iTunes, RSS or Zune and stay up to date.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Comments

1. I apologize in advance for being a podcasting noobie and for spouting nonsense into your ear holes. <3

2. Smashsoul said

/wipes Vaseline onto ears in preparation

Alright, my curiosity has finally got the better of me: What the hell are gangbusters and why do they sell so well? Never heard anyone other than big red barrel people use the phrase :p

Cheers for the episode though, good one. Is there going to be an epic birthday party for episode 100?

Also, anyone else on the ESO test this weekend? Got on last time and the stuff I saw (plus everything that I’ve seen/read about so far) just looks so depressingly average. Been a huge fan of the series since Morrowind, really don’t want to see any of it mishandled. Still optimistic though. Hopefully this won’t be the game that causes me to regret my daedric tattoo…

4. steroidtulip

Diarmuid said

Smashsoul said

/wipes Vaseline onto ears in preparation

Er… think that’s prep for another activity shock

Great cast and Dave was back . Not happy that Elder online will be a subscription , that’s getting kicked of my list .

Aurochs ; think , “Gangbusters ” was something to do with American probation .

Excellent cast as always chaps and nice to hear noobie smashsoul. Although the forum is already on to public lubrication and the image of someone lubricating themselves while listening to this great slice of britishness, be it the ears or any bodily part is slightly unnerving. Oh and smashsoul being 2 when the snes was released is a very depressing thing to hear as I was in secondry/high school when that came out. *sigh*

6. Can anybody claim themselves to be the biggest Nintendo Fanboy in the barrelverse? If so then I’d like to throw my hat into the ring, also what is this “Wee You” you speak of?

Smashsoul said

I certainly felt violated, like you’d fondled my cachlea shock

Aurochs said

What the hell are gangbusters and why do they sell so well?

Gangbusters was an old radio program (from back when Dan was a young lad) and would open with the sound of police sirens and gunfire, “like Gangbusters” is meant to be a term for excitement or action.

Aurochs said
    Is there going to be an epic birthday party for episode 100?

Naked rave orgy with extra glow sticks and cake? bigsmile

7. Ridcullys Hat said
    Naked rave orgy? Bring it on!

Somehow I just knew you’d be up for this hmmm

8. Ridcullys Hat said
    Mate, I’ve already got my birthday suit ready.

My God

Ridcullys Hat said
    I also have many ideas for the glow sticks. Involving florescent profilactics and latex.

You might be too eager to plan this 100th party….

10. WarMachine said

You might be too eager to plan this 100th party….

Ridcullys Hat said
    Thats just my outfit. I haven’t even mentioned the body paint yet.

Why is everybody overlooking the cake? sad

11. Ridcullys Hat said
    You mean the cake isn’t a lie? What flavour is it? Does it have sprinkles?

I was thinking of something decorated to look like a large colourful container of sorts.

A Giant Green Drum if you will.

12. Ridcullys Hat said
    sounds entirely appropriate. Would you like a slightly overweight, nearly middle aged man to burst from it? I may know someone who could oblige.

SOLD! See you at Loading happy

13. Ridcullys Hat said
    Hopefully i can get there with no drama. I’ve wanted to go there since first hearing of it. It’d be awesome to go for a centennial like the 100th show of great British podcasting and also to meet some of brbs community in person.

Well if the UK chaps don’t plan something then we’ll just get drunk on sugary cocktales in their honour.

14. Dangerous Brian

Hello good sirs, I am back! Great show!

90 already?! They grow up so fast…….

15. Dangerous Brian said
    Hello good sirs, I am back!

Quick hide the Forum! shock

16. steroidtulip

Dangerous Brian said
    Hello good sirs, I am back! Great show!

90 already?! They grow up so fast…….

Welcome back sir !barrel

17. I want to complain. There was far too much sense talked about videogames this episode. Basically not enough basicallys tongue I will return next week to attempt to correct this! We also have a super special guest joining us too (no, actually not Jon, more super than an irregular Scotsman even!)

Well, you can always join me and a few other BRB staff members at Loading any Tuesday for Tabletop Tuesday, but a special party to celebrate 100 episodes sounds like a good plan too. thumb

18. Dangerous Brian

Coleman said

Dangerous Brian said
    Hello good sirs, I am back!

Quick hide the Forum! shock

Too late, I found it again.

19. Zombellic

My Wu Tang name: Amazing Beggar

At the rate things are going does everyone on the forums get a turn at pretending to be a Scotsman?

great show guys.

20. Zombellic said
    My Wu Tang name: Amazing Beggar

Mine is Intellectual Professional, I question the validity of this system.

My Wu Tang name according to: http://www.mess.be/inickgenwuname.php

is:
    Quiet Warrior

It know me so well :-)

22. Mine is Violent Ambassador shock

23. steroidtulip

Oh what a let down mine is , Mad Knight . Tim I thought yours would have been , The Basically Rambler .

24. Dangerous Brian

Did the Wu-Tang thing, y’know, because bored, and got Wacko B\*stard…….. Can’t argue with that…….