Big Red Flix 78: We’re Back

Welcome back for another episode of Big Red Flix, BigRedBarrel.com’s movie podcast. This week Dave and Yoshifett discuss movies about Canada, Christmas movies, Pacific Rim, Catching Fire, Frozen, Hallmark Christmas movies, John Cusack and a few video games.

Check back next week for an all new episode of BRB Flix.

Here’s the RSS feed.  Leave an iTunes review and subscribe here.  Download the show here.

Comments

1. Fun discussion guys! I listened to the episode earlier today and I’ll probably go back to it again shortly. It’s one of the best things about BRB is the replay value. Like Big Lebowski you can so easily pick up things you missed initially :) Fingers crossed that bu october next year you get Smelly back in to finish up Tremors. That’s gotta be, alongside episode 60 of the Boom, my most replayed episode of any podcast!thumb

~Prime

2. ShifterChaos

Man, Yoshi got my anus all puckered up namedropping Primer on here. I’d love to just here him and Jitterbug rattle on about that for a few minutes. Glad to have you guys back. Peace out broskies

Random question for Yoshi have you actually seen the planes movie :P My son loves it and its not actually that bad (Cars and Cars 2 are also not that bad as well).

4. Yoshifett

spikeychris said

No, but I’ve seen Cars and Cars 2 enough times to dismiss your opinion of Planes if you think those are “not that bad.”

5. Yoshifett

ShifterChaos said

Loved Primer in college. Watched it and made charts and S\*\*t to try to figure out what was going on. Intensely interesting movie.

6. [Deleted from erroneous thread]

Jitterbug said
    Poop… You’ve got poop in your mouth.

Qf3ck3r said
    Woot woot, one of my favorite pods.  And I was shocked when Yoshi didn’t have a top five bracket for hot actors/actresses with Dave and Samus.  Got to bring the boom.

Yoshifett said

spikeychris said

By not that bad I mean tollerable enough that you don’t want to shoot yourself in the face with a shotgun Cobain style :P.

For the audience it is aimed at i.e. little kids planes cars and cars 2 are fine :P

8. spikeychris said

Yoshifett said

spikeychris said

I would agree with spikeychris that the Cars movies are not offensively bad, but Planes hurts my very soul. It is such a money-making device – it basically just retrofits a bankable formula onto a tired story.

Diarmuid said

spikeychris said

Yoshifett said

spikeychris said

So its a kid’s movie?  What land before time number are we on now?

10. Most of Pixar and Studio Ghibli’s output can be classified as kid’s movies. Kids can enjoy well made movies too ya know!

winky2