BRB UK 81: Fake Episode 81

I am known to be easily confused. This week my general confusion is compounded by podcasting with two Dan and Jon impostors. Jon predictably confused the day of week and Dan confused being a Doctor with being ill.

Fortunately, two fine chaps dragged me through the confusion, as the Barrelcast’s Kev and new addition to the BRB podcasting team, Coleman were on hand to chat about:

• Extra Life – games played, money raised.
  • Microsoft and Sony step in to cover Blockbuster customers
  • Roundup of Xbone and PS4 news
  • 720 vs 1080 and other less boring debates
  • Batman: Arkham Origins
We appreciate you chaps taking time out of your week to listen to our show.  For your convenience, you can simply download the MP3 by clicking HERE or you can subscribe via iTunes, RSS or Zune and stay up to date.

Tags: , , ,

Comments

1. Good show guys. Nice to hear from Fake Dan and Fake Jon.

Regarding the frame judder issues COD suffers on the PS4, apparently it is caused by the framerate going higher than 60 at times! Still an issue but a weird one.

Link

Taking the affected clips and running them through our performance analysis tools, we expected the results to show clear frame-rate drops and small bouts of tearing, but surprisingly this wasn’t the case at all, with the results showing us a largely locked 60FPS bar one or two minor dips and a solitary torn frame. Furthermore, when seeking through the footage in performance-affected areas we were confronted with unique frames on a consistent basis, thus indicating a 60fps update that we just didn’t feel when playing the game.

So just what is going on? Well, a close look at our captures reveals that Call of Duty: Ghosts actually runs at higher frame-rates than 60fps on a fairly frequent basis, despite the video output being limited to 60Hz

3. steroidtulip

Ridcullys Hat said

Ridcullys Hat said Excellent show as always and some interesting topics, even serious topics for us with privacy worries. I even welled up a little with the shout out as obviously Dan and Tim know the severity of the kid issue. That’s enough seriousness ‘insert inappropriate joke here’….. No jokes brother your going through the mill . And for what it’s worth are thoughts are with you .    The chat about frame rates made my analogue mind hurt ! My xbox one is here tomorrow so hope to blown away by it . had COD ghosts sat here for nearly a week waiting !!

Cheers bud, it is appreciated. I am very jealous you guys are getting your one goodness already but the game that’ll have me really salivating is elder scrolls online. It was oblivion that made me get the 360 and that game I still love now. Hasn’t aged well though. I’d give a very, painful body part from my nether region for a One when elder scrolls comes out.

5. As the Hat said, I got a bit weepy at the end.

6. Zombellic

I’m not buying the 60fps helping with game reaction times.

A quick google implies that peek human reaction times is 215milisecs which converts into about 13 frames at 60fps so I can’t see a faster frame rate helping.

How should I contact u guys about the T-Shirts?

Great show guys glad we have a great reserve team of UK podcasters at BRB.

7. Zombellic said
    Great show guys glad we have a great reserve team of UK podcasters at BRB.

Always ready to report for duty, for Queen and country (not calling Tim a Queen) winky2

8. steroidtulip

Well had my mits on the xbox for a day . It’s got a pretty cool interface . Fonza is unreal , the graphics and the control of the car make it very enjoyable to play . Ghosts , meh ; doesn’t look that much better than the 360 to be honest . BF4 is just a lot prettier , the conquest maps have opened up , so there are more capture points . Plus you can carry over your weapons etc from 360 .  Although it does seem so keep having a few brain farts and dropping the game every no and then .

9. Zombellic

Coleman said

Zombellic said
    Great show guys glad we have a great reserve team of UK podcasters at BRB.

Tim gave away your first name which made me think of your namesake the Welsh national football manager. If you were the actual Wales manager you’d be a better podcaster than a manager.

How should I you guys my details for the T-shirts.

10. steroidtulip

Zombellic said

Coleman said

Zombellic said
    Great show guys glad we have a great reserve team of UK podcasters at BRB.

How should I you guys my details for the T-shirts.

Just PM Tim mate .

11. ^ What he said = )

Just PM me your postal address, Mr Zombellic thumb

12. The Artful Todger

Once again another stonker of a show!

Thanks for remaining the best of British, even when you have people from “the colonies” on as guests, and keeping me up to date with all things gamerific.

Keep up the good work you cheeky monkeys!!

The Artful Todger

13. steroidtulip

I take back what I said about Ghosts . After playing the single player .

14. BilboTeabaggins

Nice to see the reserve team has plenty of depth and strength to it. I would continue the football analogy but a) I don’t want to make Tim cry and b) I don’t want to make real!Dan’s being ill worse. Because we all know how much he loves the footie.

Congrats to all partaking (or those that did the 25 in one sitting) in Extra Life! You are all top bananas!