BRB UK 78: As The French Would Say…

It’s a little break from the norm this week, as BRB UK somehow morphs into BRB Lahhhndin courtesy of Jon not being around. Again. So join Dan, Tim and special guest Coleman for a romp around the latest in gaming.

This week, we burble about:

• Tim’s Vita delivery woes (and other assorted First World problems)
  • Game delay-a-palooza
  • The Sun gets science fact and science fiction a little confused
  • More Xbox One updates
  • Final Fantasy VI is winging its way to iOS and Android
  • Beyond: Two Souls
  • WWE 2K14
  • Pokémon X / Y

We appreciate you chaps and chapettes taking time out of your week to listen to our show. For your convenience, you can simply download the MP3 by clicking HERE or you can subscribe via iTunes, RSS or Zune and stay up to date.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments

Splendiferous show again chaps. The only word I can say for having Coleman on in place of Jon is….phenomenal! As I’ve said before, I’m going to chuck some money in the brb pot but due circumstances beyond my control I can’t do a 25 hour blast (although that sounds like gaming heaven to me) I would like to ask if we, from the community, can join you guys for a bit and to spur you guys on? On the subject of FFVI, it is my favourite one as well. I had it on the ps1 and it is a true thing of beauty. One of my all time favourite games.

2. Dangerous Brian

Super podcast une fois de plus!

On the subject of Coleman – Dat voice….

Sur la question de FFVI – It is a great game, but not as good as the later ones in my opinion. Final Fantasy VIII was my favourite.

On the subject of WWE – I used to play them all up until Smackdown vs Raw 2007… Then I realised that it was awful. When I finally traded it in at Gamestation they gave me 10p.

On the subject of Shoutouts – I seem to have been left at the side of the road this time.sad

This post was partially translated by freetranslation.com! It’s free and sometimes accurate!

I’ve played ff 6-9 & 12 but 6 will always be my favourite. I’m not sure about all this French being spoken, I live 24 miles (directlyy across the water) and still haven’t learnt it. I was apparently quite good at it at school but found there was too much spit flying around the classroom. Far too unhygienic.

4. zombieboy

Hi I’m back ….. Sorry for not showing some love but you the show is still fantastic!!!!!!

5. Good to hear Mr. Coleman on the show. Hope it isn’t too long before he’s on again.

Until they can get FFIX on my phone, I don’t care.

As Chris mentioned it during the show, I am also not a member of the BRB Extra-Life team. Is there a way of joining up once an account has been created?

6. Ridcullys Hat said

The only word I can say for having Coleman on in place of Jon is….phenomenal!

Diarmuid said

Such kind words Gentlemen, you’re making me blush embarrassed

Dangerous Brian said

On the subject of Coleman – Dat voice….

Not sure how to take that, should I be worried shock

Diarmuid said

I am also not a member of the BRB Extra-Life team. Is there a way of joining up once an account has been created?

If you’ve signed up but not joined a team yet then yes you can, just go to the barrel Team Page and click ‘Join this Team’.

7. Zombellic

Randy Savage died a few days before the whole rapture dumbness from a year or two ago.

macho-man-randy-savage-randy-savage-rapture-canceled-demotivational-posters-1306076750.jpgImage Enlarger

Great to hear from a new member of staff good Debut Mr C/Coleman.

8. Coleman said

Diarmuid said

Just tried it. Got this error message – “You have already registered for Extra Life 2013.” Oh well…

9. Dangerous Brian

Coleman said

Dangerous Brian said

On the subject of Coleman – Dat voice….

Not sure how to take that, should I be worried shock

Only if you want to be worried….

10. Diarmuid said

Coleman said

Diarmuid said

\o/

E-mailed support@extra-life.org and they sorted it out for me. Unfortunately, the money I have already raised does count towards the BRB goal. Oh well.

11. Diarmuid said

Still, must fell good to be part of Team barrel I bet?

Dangerous Brian said

Only if you want to be worried…

Very (and slightly aroused?) shock

12. Coleman said

Diarmuid said

Still, must fell good to be part of Team barrel I bet?

Sorry, because I’m a moron, I messed up that sentence. I meant to say that the money is NOT counting towards the goal. I have almost $400 raised but it isn’t showing in the team total.

13. Diarmuid said

Coleman said

Diarmuid said

Still, must fell good to be part of Team barrel I bet?

I knew what you meant, my previous reply still standswinky2

I blame you guys for the fact I now have a 3ds and Pokemon. To tell the truth, I have played most from gba onwards and have diamond on DS. Now I am very broke but have a shiny new 3DS to annoy the missus and keep the kids amused. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it.

15. Thanks for all the kind words, chaps and chapettes! I can only apologise for the terrible Franglais, but it amused me. So I carried on.

Ridcullys Hat said

I’m glad to hear that we’ve aided marital harmony in Chêz Ridcully; but I’m confused about one thing. Is it the 3DS or annoying the missus that keeps the kid amused? Since, you know, you’d be £170 better off by just annoying the missus.

Wow. Financial advice too. I’m on a roll. tongue

16. Coleman said

Diarmuid said

Coleman said

Diarmuid said

Still, must fell good to be part of Team barrel I bet?

I knew what you meant, my previous reply still standswinky2

I am going to shut up now because it looks like they HAVE added the funds in…

embarrassed

Dan said

Ridcullys Hat said

Wow. Financial advice too. I’m on a roll. tongue

I think it’s a bit of both. the fact it’s cost £186 (why do I have to buy a charger separately?!?!) isn’t an issue as I have to put up with Geordie-bloody-shore and the x-factor periodically! Plus it keeps me and poorly tiddler entertained in hospital. All good in my book (and I can have the charming music on loud during said ‘reality television’)toothysmile

Cheers for the episode guys! Was beaten to the ‘phenomenal’ joke by a long way, but seriously, good to hear you on the podcast Mr C. I can definitely vouch for the Palace of Wisdom podcasts being entertaining as well, give those a listen if you want to hear more of him! Have kept listening for a while now, just lurking and not posting on your forums, but thanks all of those :)

Dan said

As long as you’re amused, Dan, that’s all that matters :p

Still working my way through completely all the pokedexes by myself, only up to fire red/leaf green, so might be a while before I get to x/y ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

19. Aurochs said

*cough* iTunes review *cough* Seriously though you are awesome for listening, thank you happy

20. Also, if anyone would like to get Dan a present this Christmas then I have a good idea on what to buy.

iCarta-iPhone-toilet-paper-holder_zps5b5b8560.jpg

21. That is epic. Although I would require that prospective gift flingers make sure they get that in a bundle with the accessory USB drive:

iPood%20Shed%20Simove%20IdeasMan%20co%20uk.img_assist_custom-800x480.jpgImage Enlarger

Dan said

This is awesome. A must have for any faecopheliac

23. Ricardo Kirkabon

So I saw this and thought of you… (Donc, j’ai vu cela et pensé à vous …)

Richard (it’s spelled like Kirke)

24. steroidtulip

Another belter chaps . Can I ask has anyone else pre-ordered an Xbox one from Game ? They seem very shifty on me getting my sticky paws on it on release day . embarrassed

25. Ricardo Kirkabon

Bother, (Or as the French say “Cul”)

Specific t-shirt I meant was this one:

26. teppischfresser

You don’t have to shout me out again; I played lacrosse for 8 years so I can confirm that lacrosse started with the American Indians. They would play literally for days on a playing field miles long. The rule system was relatively similar to the rules today, but obviously they were much more fierce back then. Death was not uncommon.

One last note, there is a penalty in lacrosse and in hockey for pretending to be hurt or making a hit seem worse than it really was. In football (soccer) it’s normal for players to grimace and hold their ankle even though they were hit on the shoulder. I’ve seen lacrosse and hockey players play with broken bones.

27. buncieboy343

Woop Woop, PORSTMOUTH
    REPRESENT

28. buncieboy343 said
    Woop Woop, PORSTMOUTH
    REPRESENT

Blue Army and all that thumb

29. buncieboy343

Were in Pompey are you from?