BRB UK 61: Xböx

As a week that’s going to be chock-full of news looms, it seems that the gaming world is having a week off. But, undeterred by the abject lack of stuff to talk about, Dan and Tim are joined by Dave, officially everyone’s favourite Texan, to chew the fat and generally waffle on about the week that was.

This week, we burble about:

• Xbox Infinity rumours
  • The (presumably) fake PS4 reveal video
  • Borderlands 2‘s bandit class
  • Nimble Quest (iOS/Android)
  • Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on The Move (3DS eShop)
  • Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate (3DS)
  • Tim interviews Nicoll Hunt, creator of the upcoming Kickstarter success Fist of Awesome

We appreciate you chaps and chapettes taking time out of your week to listen to our show. For your convenience, you can simply download the MP3 by clicking HERE or you can subscribe via iTunes, RSS or Zune and stay up to date.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments

Crackin’ episode chaps! Really interesting interview as well, thanks for that.

Have to ask; sounds like that was a Mario game where Mario is actually being a plumber? I… don’t quite know how to feel about that!

Regarding Tiny Tina, the Burch siblings actually do a webseries called Hey Ash Whatcha Playing, basically stupid skits related to various games, but if you enjoy Anthony Burch’s style of humour a la borderlands 2 I can recommend it. (Probably not for Dan though, apparently!)

2. Dangerous Brian

I’ve nothing clever to to say, so I’ll say it anyway. Thanks for the castage once more.

I think Jon’s new accent is much better. It’s kind of American, maybe Texan?…

New Borderlands 2 class? Colour me intrigued. New Tiny Tina DLC? Pass me the Valium.

3. the Burch siblings actually do a webseries called Hey Ash Whatcha Playing, basically stupid skits related to various games

Have heard of it but not watched any yet. Might have to look it up and annoy Dan with it thumb

I’ve nothing clever to to say

Join the club happy

4. daftchunk

Completely agree with Dan, Monster Hunter needs to have some sort of instructions. I can’t work out what I’m doing! Anyway nice episode!

5. steroidtulip

Another great cast . I am genuinely excited about the xbox launch ( doesn’t matter what they call it ; everyone will just call it xbox ) . Guess it’ll be just a 360 with better graphics etc  , not expecting a huge leap in tech . I enjoyed the half time interview with a disappointing amount of,” basically ” from Tim .

Awesome cast again chaps and nice to hear Tim talking at someone in an interview. I’m not sure about the new Xbox yet but I’ve stuck with them the last 2 generations and will probably get it. As long as its as reliable as the 1st and not explode like this generation and plays games I’ll be happy. Oh, and if it has to be online all the time I’ll be very unhappy as the broadband speed in my neck of the woods is utter rubbish. That will be the real clincher for me.

7. Whoa I am late to the party this week.

Great show as always chaps, hope everyone’s geared up for the XBox reveal tonight (sadly I can’t go to Loading for this one sad).

8. ThePhenomenalC said
    (sadly I can’t go to Loading for this one sad).

9. i went anyway and now I’m intoxicated om a school night… There, are you happy now?

Drunken typing is the BEST! thumb Also, only not happen as I couldn’t make it there in time hmmm

10. Tim said

It was weird being there without the lure of a barrel event, I felt out of place (alcofrawl helped though).

11. BilboTeabaggins

Finally dragged my carcass onto the iTune-es and listened to this fantastic podcast. Good to hear Tim being a proper Journo’ even if he really doesn’t want to be one and interviewing someone, even going as far to let him talk occasionally. Krieg though. I want that in my hard drive. Dear god yes. That may convince me to finish BL1 and play BL2.

ThePhenomenalC said

Your drunk typing is so so much better than mine. Holy crapsicles!

Oh and Tim, THE IMPORTANCE OF WHITE SPACE!

12. steroidtulip

Well the xbox one is revealed , and already the haters have started . I like the look of it , seems more , “solid” the previous two always seemed to be made from low grade plastics . The graphics on Ghosts blew me away , can’t wait to be honest . Yes it will have more TV , Skype etc and why is that a bad thing ?

Simple really if you don’t like the look of it etc then don’t buy the thing ! You can pre-order from Game , well pay twenty quid to queue up  on release day . Don’t think there will be a mass storm to get it on release with these hard times , plus Sony bringing out their next gen at the same time .  Any one know the exact release date yet ?

13. BilboTeabaggins said
    Your drunk typing is so so much better than mine. Holy crapsicles!

Why thank you, only misspelled ‘on’ thumb

14. steroidtulip said
    …Don’t think there will be a mass storm to get it on release with these hard times…

I wouldn’t buy it on launch anyway, been burnt buy shoddily build consoles from day one purchases too many times now.

15. BilboTeabaggins

ThePhenomenalC said

BilboTeabaggins said
    Your drunk typing is so so much better than mine. Holy crapsicles!

Why thank you, only misspelled ‘on’ thumb

Mine goes full blown garbled nonsense mode.

steroidtulip said
    Yes it will have more TV , Skype etc and why is that a bad thing ?

I think the fear is that they will focus more on that and shun the gaming community.

16. steroidtulip

BilboTeabaggins said

ThePhenomenalC said

BilboTeabaggins said
    Your drunk typing is so so much better than mine. Holy crapsicles!

Why thank you, only misspelled ‘on’ thumb

Mine goes full blown garbled nonsense mode.

The focus will always be on games . Only for the simple fact that that’s how they make money . Skype etc are just an add on and to be honest think people would expect it ; most smart T.V. has Skype on it . With games such as the COD franchise making as much as blockbuster films ; Microsoft would never overlook the revenue games produce .

steroidtulip said
    Yes it will have more TV , Skype etc and why is that a bad thing ?

17. BilboTeabaggins

steroidtulip said

The Xbone in it’s first year will have 15 exclusives of which 8 shall be new IPs. So they aren’t going to be neglecting the games market totally but my statement about fear is based on what I like to call the Echo Chamber of Bulls\*\*t. The Echo Chamber of Bulls\*\*t runs like this: someone says something with negative connotations (ie: the Xbone will have highly restrictive always online DRM), this then reverberates around the Echo Chamber of Bulls\*\*t till it builds into a raging cacophony. At this point Microsoft then step into the Echo Chamber of Bulls\*\*t and shout “ACTUALLY THE SINGLE PLAYER PORTIONS OF GAMES WILL BE AVAILABLE TO OFFLINE IF THE DEVS CHOOSE THAT! ON OUR END THE BOX NEEDS TO PING THE SERVER EVERY 24 HOURS!” The Echo Chamber of Bulls\*\*t still rocking with the previous DRM thoughts starts to consolidate this into it’s current echo of “XBONE IS ALWAYS ONLINE!! MICROSOFT WILL PRESSURISE DEVS TO USE IT’S ALWAYS ONLINE RESTRICTIVE DRM!”

That’s what I’m on about but replace DRM with Microsoft says F\*\*\* the gamers.

Oh and I have a question for the the good people at Activision touting CoD: Ghosts. It’s coming to 360 and PS3 too, so is it coming in this revolutionary “next-gen engine”? And if it is then what’s so “next-gen” about it?

18. steroidtulip