BRB Boom 11: Twinked

It’s time, once again, to put boom in your boom and listen to BRB Boom.  Join Dogs Die, Smelly Pirate and Yoshifett nerd out about games they would Tron into, Sony’s Battle Royale, graphics and other topics that effect todays gamer. There’s bonus content for BRB iOS and Android app users.

Please be sure to subscribe to the BRB Boom feed on iTunes or RSS. If you insist, you can always just download the mp3. If you are currently using a computer with iTunes on it, would you mind heading over there and leaving some feedback? Thanks for the Diggs!

Tags: , , , ,

Comments

1. Providence

I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU WOULD ALLOW THE ABOMINATION THAT IS SLIPPY TOAD TO BE IN SMASH BROTHERS!

Honestly, people would just get 2 friends and make it a 3v1 against a computer Slippy and beat the living shit outta him all day, that’s all anyone would do if Slippy was in that game…

Actually that doesn’t sound so bad. Beating the shit outta Slippy…. OK You’ve convinced me. BRAWL DLC PLZ

2. lmao “if captain falcon came on the screen and said “d-de-de-d-d-d-de”

Sorry, you guys just crack me up. I have to say, since listening to all 100 brown shows and continuing on with boom, you guys have slowly become my fave podcast. It used to be the blu show, but they’re now a very close second.

You guys are just full of win!

~Prime

3. Havok83

I didnt even know who the heck Captain Falcon was till this podcast. I assumed it was some Star Fox character when I heard it

4. BallBustinBill

Nice Law of Diminishing Returns reference.  Seriously though, I would have thought that would apply to this podcast but its quite the opposite.

5. BallBustinBill said

What would be the opposite of the Law of Diminishing Returns?

Anarchy of Accumulating Purchases?  <—–literal comedy is funny!

6. TamarindLAZ

I liked this episode.

And about Sony Smash Bros, I’m with Yoshi, as long as it’s good there’s no problem with me. The only thing I worry about is if it’s bad, if the game sucks that looks very bad for Playstation for the ripoff part and the failure of it.

Anyway, just an awesome episode so keep it up guys!

They should have some gods from god of war as well as kratos in the game and maybe several racers from twisted metal. I hope that their version of brawl sells well maybe it will prompt microsoft to develop a game in the brawl style with at least some gears and halo characters, other than that I am not sure who the most memorable xbox characters are. The kameo characters could be fun but there is probably a limited selection of memorable first party characters. I think microsoft should have had gears 3 characters in soul calibur 5 as the lancer and retro lancer would work well and the more advanced weapons could be special moves. I guess I just want to be able to play a fighting game using xbox characters.

Dead or alive 4 on the 360 seems to have a female spartan in it I might see if I can get that cheap at some point.

Update: I should be able to get it for about £6 which I am seriously considering. Anyone remember DOA4, is it any good? Worth £6?

This was a fantastic episode, your consistant rise is hilarity both suprises and scares me. What if you guys hit critical mass then become dull, boring podcasters? Where would our booming come from? Whatever you guys do make sure to stay boomsome winkysunglasses

8. XplayGamer

Anyone get the big red barrel app yet they mentioned in podcast? How’s the app? Likes and dis-likes.

9. Raj

Imparted some Smell wisdom AKA “Thug speak” on my work colleagues this week…. They were particularly partial to “Sitting on chrome” and haven’t stopped using it in completely incorrect situations since.

The BRB Boom Show – Thuggin’ one Australian workplace at a time.

10. SlapHappySamurai

(In the style of an infomercial)

I used to be dumb white and nerdy, but now thanks to Yoshi and Smelly of BRB Boom I can now speak with sophistication while being thugishly current. Yes and you too can use an expanded vocabulary and still keep that tough hip urban exterior. All you have to do is tune in to Big Red Barrel Boom every week and they guarantee results. Thanks BRB Boom!!!

*** WARNING ***   Listening to DogsDie’s MMO speak with actually make you more white and nerdy. Mixing with real world interactions will result in being shunned by society.

11. SlapHappySamurai said
    (In the style of an infomercial)

Raj said

The BRB Boom Show – Thuggin’ one Australian workplace at a time.

I’m cheesin’ so hoard…

12. BallBustinBill said

Incriminating effects of buying more? Too literal and not funny.

????¿¿¿¿

13. eldertaco

My 12 year old son is exited for the ps battle bash… smash royal… niner…  He said he just wants Sack boy in the game. My view may be skewed as he has spent many hours with lbp and lbp2 with his 92!!! friends online but does Sack boy come close to any nintendo character?

14. DeanBiddler

I am wondering, do none of the hosts of the show know what a twink is? If so, for shame on California Yoshi.

15. eldertaco said

In terms of recognizability, I would say Sack Boy is probably somewhere between Kirby and Mega Man. They tried to make Sack Boy the poster child for the PS3, and he is a nice character, but nowhere near as popular or recognizable as others. I would add that he doesn’t have any real unique characteristics other than he looks cute. I am unaware of any personality he has whatsoever. Then again, I could say the same about Kirby. Mega Man is all gangster though, son.

16. DeanBiddler said

I do now, thanks for that, DeanBiddler and Wikipedia. Glad I didn’t do an image search here at work.shock

17. Raj

smelly pirate said

eldertaco said

Please don’t have a normal, serious dialog about video games; it confuses me and I keep waiting for the punch-line. tongue

18. DeanBiddler

smelly pirate said

DeanBiddler said

Can a cleric be a twink, or is that against the faith?

19. Cory

haha… oh wow… I just found out what twinked was last night while playing Rift… both the mmo and the regular meaning.

20. DeanBiddler

Ehhhh, IRL?

21. JLV

Haven’t had time to post around these parts lately, but I hope you guys know that I think every episode is fantastic, and I love them for being easy to listen to while doing other things.

Keep it up

22. eldertaco

Kevin Butler should pop out and say “Toasty”

23. JLV said

Keep it up

Thanks for taking the time to post thumb

Means a lot to hear from you guys!