BRB UK 1: Familiar Voices

After an extended break, your favorite British Bastions of Blithering are back with a brand new show on a brand new site. So welcome one and all to the maiden voyage of the BigRedBarrel UK Podcast! So join Dan, Jon and Tim (previously known as Captain Average, Yamster and MightyMutt) as they wax lyrical about the general goings-on of the gaming world.

This week, they natter about:

• Twisted Metal‘s UK delay
  • The Mass Effect 3 demo
  • Star Wars: The Old Republic
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
  • The 3DS Circle Pad Pro
  • Resident Evil: Revelations
  • The Great British Debate: Is it fair to ask gamers for money before you’ve made your game?
  • WIN: Copies of Final Fantasy XIII-2 (360/PS3) and Kiss Kiss (Xbox Indie Arcade)

We appreciate you chaps taking time out of your week to listen to our show. For your convenience, you can simply download the MP3 by clicking HERE or you can subscribe via iTunes, RSS or Zune and stay up to date.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments

1. OH MY GOD WE’RE PODCASTING AGAIN!

2. I am excite. barrel

Will save this for while I’m working tomorrow.

3. SolidJackal

my best attempt to try and draw bigsmile

4. Great work guys, welcome back! 😀 Tim you were something special this episode, keep it up!

5. I wish I was able to draw proficiently, I have a ruddy good idea for the competition. 🙁

6. It’s good to have you back

7. Dan, Tim, Jon…. who the Hell are these guys?

8. Thanks for all the comments, chaps and chapettes!  Have a feeling we may have been a little rusty after taking a few months break, but it was good to be back. toothysmile

Phoenix said

Yes.  Yes he was.

HarryBandell said

Lack of artistic ability is positively welcomed for this competition! thumb

9. DanC85

Great to have you guys back!

The Egoectomy comment got me wondering if Jon and Tim think a orchidectomy is something to do with gardening

10. Diablos Black

to quote thin lizzy ‘The Boys Are Back In Town!’ 😀

11. Palmerfan

🙁 I like twisted metal. I don’t think that they were trying to appeal to people that would be nostalgic about the old twisted metals with this game, but rather trying to target a new audience of 12-17 year olds with this one. Its a very fun game, far from perfect, but I really like it.

12. It is good to be back! Thanks to all those who patiently waited. The kind messages over the last few months sent over Twitter, on my 360, PS3 and over the forums were a great encouragement, it meant a lot, thanks! = )

@Palmerfan – Don’t get me wrong, I want Twisted Metal to be a good game — who doesn’t need more vehicular combat in their life? — Just worried that the signs are not good = /

barrel

13. It’s like you never stopped. Coming strong out of the gates. Best foot forward. Coming out swinging. A solid start.

Good first episode, is what I’m trying to say.thumb

Oh. Quick edit. Have a Cho-Ko-Bo.

14. steroidtulip

Hurrah the boys are back and as good as ever !

15. Unfortunately, I stopped listening to SGUK a while back. Yamster’s voice just rubs me the wrong way. I’m Scottish and to me it just sounds like he’s trying to sound english (ar at least more intelligible) when he speaks.

Just talk like a real guy.

~Prime

16. I completely understood your complaint until you said;

I’m Scottish

WTF? = /

Also, you can’t be mean to Jon today, it is his 21st Birthday thumb

Come back and be mean tomorrow tongue

17. GamerRid

Good to have you guys back. Very funny and still as informative as ever. Now play some more games and tell as about it next week. Tim on top form, Dan as sarcastic as ever and jon as angry as only a Scotsman can be.

It really is like you were never away. Considering im an older gamer with a young family (I’m 33 next week. Yay me not being an annoying teenage, foul mouthed youth) and its damned hard to get a decent gaming session in these days. Plus the annoying teenage cod players really put me off playing online but at least knowing that there are some decent mannered, British gamers out there is great and the entertainment value you guys provide is always welcome. Just keep doing the casts and keep up the good work. thumb

19. Prime said

Just talk like a real guy.

LOL – we’ve been telling him to ‘speak proper’ for the last 2 years.  And absolutely nothing’s changed. toothysmile

20. Babydave

Great to have you guys in my ears again but perhaps you shouldn’t let Tim eat the special mushrooms before you record again.

21. Pandalicious

https://picasaweb.google.com/112935605241309311935/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCJ3fx7Tmk-rCjQE for the FFXIII-2 competition. Great podcast, love to see you guys back on top form.

22. GunslingerX1983

Welcome back chaps, good to hear your voices.

Thought i would have a doodle for the Final Fantasy comp, please be gentle 🙂

[Image Can Not Be Found]

23. Tim said

I completely understood your complaint until you said;

I’m Scottish

WTF? = /

Also, you can’t be mean to Jon today, it is his 21st Birthday thumb

Come back and be mean tomorrow tongue

I’m sorry, I wasn’t trying to be mean. Just that his voice doesn’t sound scottish. It’s like some hybrid voice of english with a tinge of scottish that can’t be removed. I haven’t listened in a while I may subscribe again and see if that’s changed.

~Prime

P.S. Happy 21st Jon.happy

24. TardyMoments

I get confused by the new names, but I am glad I am not the only one *cough* TIM *cough*tongue

25. Cydler

I’m so glad to have the UK boys back in my ears. Dan, you may no longer be average, but you’ll always be the Captain.

26. Cydler said

I’m so glad to have the UK boys back in my ears. Dan, you may no longer be the Captain, but you’ll always be average.

Fixed.

Nah, but it was a great show guys. Fantastic to have you tickling my cochlear on a weekly basis again.

27. SolidJackal

Richard said

Cydler said

Fixed.

I think the crew should be called Dan the Average, Tim the Mighty and Jon the Face

agreed? happy

28. TardyMoments

Agreed! thats the most sense I’ve heard in agesthumb

29. barrel***We will be going through the entries for the contest when we record later tonight. Can entrants state whether they wanted the 360 or PS3 version, please.***barrel

agreed? happy

“The Mighty” approves. Mainly as I somehow come out with the best nickname toothysmile

30. Tim said

agreed? happy

And so the ego-trip begins… What’s that table-top game using wooden blocks called again? winky

Also, to everyone that hasn’t entered: these competitions are stupidly easy to throw something together for, it’ll take all of 5 minutes. I’m saying this because I’m annoyed I didn’t enter these things when I could, these are the best prizes you’re going to get for the amount of time it takes to eat a bowl of cereal. thumb

31. SolidJackal

Tim said

agreed? happy

Lol bigsmile I would like the PS3 version please (if I winhappy)

32. smurfuk

just brilliant

33. GunslingerX1983

I love the nicknames idea, do it guys you know you want to!

I’d have to go for 360 if i win thanks chaps 🙂