Cloverfield: Geek Speak 124

Hello, hello!

Geek Speak is now a part of sheared Cloverfield Universe so we get more downloads and maybe even some money! Go meta jokes!

On this episode, Lauren, Alex, and Jo watch many trailers, sing songs and have some merry times!

This week we ramble about:

The usual links:

• Listen to Geek Speak Spotify’s playlist here
  • Join Destiny 2 BRB Clan here
  • Join BRB Gamer Nights Group on Facebook
  • Join TabletopTuesday Meetup and Instagram page
  • Watch Cookies & Booze Resident Evil 7: Biohazard  playthrough on BRBTV on YouTube
  • Join Cookies & Booze stream every Sunday at 9 pm UK Time

Our logo is courtesy of Monica Ion.

Thanks you lovely Geek Peeps for giving our little show a listen, we really appreciate it. Did you know that you can download this butt-laden episode by clicking HERE to receive a lovely MP3 of the show? You can also subscribe via iTunes, RSS feed or Stitcher and get all our new shows delivered automatically as they’re released.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments

1. Ricardo Kirkabon

Great show as always.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who found the nudity in Altered Carbon a bit much. I actually found it too much and have given up on the show. But I do have the book so I might give that a try (when I have finished The Name Of The Wind).

I really don’t want to care about Venom but the cast is amazing and that trailer kinda drew me in. It feels a bit like Solo until Lord and Miller were fired (at which point I stopped caring).

2. Alex

Richard Kirke said
    Great show as always.

Thanks!

Altered Carbon does go to some really interesting spaces. I agree, however, I think nudity worked against them rather than for. It is sometimes so much and they could have justified it better within the confines of the Universe rules. But I am really interested how much the show followed the book.

Sorry, I am one of those that liked (or thought it wasn’t as bad as many were saying) Iron Fist. I liked Jessica Jones too but the season finale was so anticlimactic and out of step with what had gone before it was disconcerting.

4. Alex

stingo said

Well, we won’t hold that against you. tongue But in all seriousness, we joke about Iron Fist. Everyone should like what they like.

Alex said

Agreed. Incidentally, I’m working my way through The Punisher so I can be ready for when Jessica Jones S2 drops. Good stuff so far.

6. Alex

stingo said

As you know, I thought it was really good. Hope, you will enjoy it until the end.

@Alex I think I will as it, like Black Lightning is about something more than superheroes.

Superb Show ladies keep up the great work 🙂

9. Alex

WarMachine said
    Superb Show ladies keep up the great work 🙂

Long time no hear! Glad to see you back on the forums! And thanks!

10. StealthyJoe

Great show as all ways I caught up with most of it (except the half show), I liked altered carbon but it was heavy on the nudity.  Super not interested in solo and not very interested in venom but I might see it if it turns out to be good, I will wait for your opinions.

Finished The Punisher and really liked it – seemed totally in line with my understanding of my (admittedly limited) understanding of the character from the comics. Interesting Season 2 set up too.

Started watching Lucifer and my initial reaction was (re Lucifer himself) well of course he’s English, forgetting he came from Neil Gaiman’s Sandman series. Only 2 episodes in but I’m liking it so far.

12. Alex

stingo said

Lucifer is the show that I thought was derivative and predictable but I could not stop watching. Enjoyed what I watched but I am not sure if I will be returning to it.

Alex said

I could see how you’d think that because it seems to me like a one trick pony since it hinges so much on Tom Ellis’ Lucifer. I understand he is the title character, but so far there’s little else of interest.

stingo said

Finished Season 1 last night, and I could care less about the cases but for some reason I’m still entertained when watching the show, mainly because of Lucifer himself.

15. StealthyJoe

stingo said

I got to say that I watched quite a bit of Lucifer, it is not a show that will blow or even open your mind, it is a solid  procedural cop show with an overarching season long story and some fun characters. I think people over think it as it is about the devil, it’s just a good turn your brain off and watch show, palate cleansing for TV shows.