BRB UK 167: Paris Games Week 2015

Hey there listeners, hope you’re ready for a massive show because it’s Paris Games Week and Sony have brought their A Game. But tragedy has once again befallen Team BRB UK  as Dan is absent… time to throw up the barrel signal and snag one of our lovely site folks to jump in and help out.

So join Coleman, Tim & Diarmuid as they chat about all the things, including:

• Arkham Knight on the PC is still very much broken
  • Details on Nintendo’s new app and reward program
  • All the PlayStation News from Paris Games Week
  • Assassin’s Creed Syndicate

We appreciate you chaps taking time out of your week to listen to our show.  For your convenience, you can simply download the MP3 by clicking HERE or you can subscribe via iTunes, RSS or Stitcher and stay up to date.

Once again Big Red Barrel is proud to be taking part in Extra Life to raise money for the Children’s Miracle Network and we’d be very greatfull if you could donate whatever you can to help Team BRB’s efforts – Click HERE to donate.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments

1. Helkillervladim

i got rely moist from this episode greatly enjoyed it.

en again PlayStation is going to take my money from me. after hearing the going to bring out a lot of vr games en a lot of devs ware working on more. the convinced me en i started clearing space for the unit
    so i can take one en give it a new home.

Dave is doing rely well with his extra-life goals.
    this episode had no destiny in it i cant remember one with out it.

you are getting better with pronouncing names lol
    i am just imagining Coleman house full with climate controlled glass cases filed with amiibo`s.

cant wait for the next episode

2. Helkillervladim said
    i got rely moist from this episode greatly enjoyed it.

Thanks Helkillervladim. thumb

Helkillervladim said

I may have some form of display cabinet for my Amiibo collection.

Superb show chaps, keep up the great work 🙂

4. Totally forgot to post this but here’s the video about Heavy Rain I detailed on the show:

5. TheBarrelInTheRoom

Juggernogging brilliant show chaps!

Since Diarmuid has become a regular, can he and the Moist Doctor NintenDan say “Moist Taramasalata”and “Moist Marsupials” Please? Thank you.

5 out of 5 barrels! Keep up the excellent quality and great laughs.

Think Coleman’s reaction to the length of this episode pretty much sums it up tongue
    But yeah thanks for the episode and the very, very detailed run down of Paris Games Week! Which… apparently exists! Hadn’t heard a peep previously, but yeah, lots of stuff.

Extra life draws ever closer… good luck to those taking part!

Nice Giantbomb reference. Good episode as always.

8. Josh

Nice long podcast, that’s what I like to hear (That play on words there was amazing 😀 )

But seriously, I really liked the Paris Game Week discussion and also how I apparently missed all of the news.

I can’t wait to pick up assassins creed syndicate either 😀

If I were to have any have any suggestions, which I understand could be a little bias, MORE HALO 5!!!

9. TheBarrelInTheRoom said
    Since Diarmuid has become a regular…

10. TheBarrelInTheRoom said

No Diarmuid on the next show so that’ll be a request for Dan then.

Aurochs said
    Extra life draws ever closer… good luck to those taking part!

Nice opportunity to plug Team BRB’s efforts again: http://www.extra-life.org/inde…..amID=23889

stingo said
    Nice Giantbomb reference. Good episode as always.

thumb

Bleezeyboy said

That’s on the upcoming episode, we wanted to wait for Dan on that one.

11. Ricardo Kirkabon

<coleman_voice>HI!</coleman_voice>

And, since I can never unsee this:

Coleman_voice

Poo and a cup of tea gents!

12. Steve

TheBarrelInTheRoom said
    Juggernogging brilliant show chaps!

I’ll second that!

Why did you take away my thank you? I demand answers. And more wombats!

13. Dr3wst3r

I’m a pommie living in sunny Cairns Australia and also a gamer (Time allowing) from the ole C64 onward. I have and still do enjoy your BRB UK podcast as its informative and at times extremely funny but, as a proud XBOX ONE owner, i’m feeling you show is becoming extremely SONY biased. I must admit i’m beginning to switch off and hoping you can reassure me this is NOT the case.

Cheers

A

14. Dr3wst3r said

Cheers

A

I can’t speak for Tim and Dan on this one but the reason I talk about the PlayStation 4 so much is because it’s the console I use the most. However, I wouldn’t say that makes my biased in favour of Sony as I make the effort to be impartial and report on Xbox games whenever I can.

Personally I cannot stand Halo but I still picked up the game to talk about it on the show, I have no interest in Fable Legends but again signed up to talk about it on the show (though Lionhead’s NDA kind of screwed that up). Whenever I write up the headlines for our agenda… well actually you could say I swing towards Nintendo more often than not, but we cover whatever we feel is important and not just lean on one singular console. Reasons we’ve spoken about PlayStation so much of late is probably because of their showings at Tokyo Game Show, Paris Games Week and E3 – which in my opinion were all worth talking about and we’ll most probably be covering the PlayStation Experience as well.

On the Xbox side of things; we’ve spoken about new games when they’re out, included them in the news, covered them at E3/Gamescom and reported hands on experiences with things like their PC streaming option, backwards compatibility, new Elite controller and more.

Personally I don’t want to focus on a singular console as I just want to play good games, which is why I invested a lot of money to make sure I’m not restricted in what I want to play and I’m not in the habit of spending money on something I want to ignore.

Thanks for listening and I hope that’s reassurance enough for you. thumb