BRB UK 160: The Taken King is Here!

Oh dear, it looks as though all this Destiny talk has finally got to poor old Tim. Time to go back to that Big Red Barrelcast once again to break the emergency glass and grab a replacement host. So join all your favorite BRB Pokémon team with Snake puff, Droworb and Vaporbar (also known as Dan, Coleman and Kev), as they talk the following talky things:

• More gaming fridge news with a Star Wars Battlefront chiller box
  • Rockstar ceases Grand Theft Auto Online Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 updates
  • A naughty Kickstarter campaign gets its comeuppance
  • Nintendo appoints their new President
  • Ys Net want MORE money for Shenmue 3
  • Pokémon names a plenty
  • Dan, Coleman & Kev all get into Destiny: The Taken King

We appreciate you chaps taking time out of your week to listen to our show.  For your convenience, you can simply download the MP3 by clicking HERE or you can subscribe via iTunes, RSS or Stitcher and stay up to date.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments

1. Another good show!  Enjoyed the chat about Kickstarter.  I always think of it as natural selection for richness. If you waste your money backing stupid things you deserve to be poor!

Also I have a request, could Dan please say “moist” in a Gollum style? happy

2. Ricardo Kirkabon

Hi!

My Pokemon is called Shatyu

You live in the meadows of Britain, and your diet consists mostly of daisies, twigs and nectar.

CHARACTERISTICS

You can swim in lava. You can spit wind. You can walk on water. You can shoot fire. You can resist tahini. You can breathe Dr. Pepper. You can spit cosmic energy bolts.

NATURAL ENEMIES

Your natural enemy is Charlock.

3. Ricardo Kirkabon

On the Dave naming system, I was on a Paintball team with too many Dans, so we called them Dan 1, Dan 2 and Dan 3. This was all find until the original Dan showed up and we had to call him Dan 0…

4. CloudStyle

Fantastic episode chaps.

Games should start releasing pre-order furniture instead of mini-fridges and we have a fully furnished house out of game merch.

Pre-order now and get your Fallout 4 coffee table. If you pick up the collector’s edition you’ll get a free Dishonoured cutting board. If you need a new sofa the limited edition of Need for Speed ships with a custom sofa! Don’t forget to pre-order your special edition of ASSassins Creed and pick up your special edition toilet seat!

Also, here’s my Pokemon name, interchangeable body parts could be quite HANDY.

Your Pokéname is: Shatlock

PROFILE

You live in the lakes of New Zealand, and your diet consists mostly of donuts, Cherry Garcia and coffee.

CHARACTERISTICS

You can resist sledgehammers. You can float in maple syrup. You have interchangeable body parts. You can shoot salt spikes. You can swim in lava. You can resist broken glass. You can swim in Mr. PiBB. You can eat electricity.

Awesome show as always chaps. My Pokemon name is: Chartung

Profile

You live in the steppes of Japan, and your diet consists mostly of wolves, berries and coffee.

Characteristics

You can shoot lava. You can puke jet fuel. You can spit granola. You can swim in poison. You can resist cosmic energy bolts. You can breathe bricks.

Natural Enemies

Your natural enemy is Shatmander

I have to say, regarding this show, I wish there was more destiny. I just don’t think we had enough destiny news and general banter on destiny.

6. Ricardo Kirkabon

Ridcullys Hat said

You’re right. What does the left shoulder button do? What happens if you press triangle? WE MUST KNOW!

By the way, have I relentlessly plugged my latest article for Big Red Barrel? You can read it! Assuming you can read.

7. Steve

Good episode gents, though not nearly enough about marsupials.

8. Unflushable said
    Also I have a request, could Dan please say “moist” in a Gollum style? happy

Sadly Dan won’t be on the next couple of shows because Destiny and EGX so we’ll have to see what happens with this one.

Shatyu said
    Hi!

HI!

Shatyu said

I have a mate called Dave who moved to Harlow, I like to call him Harlow Dave. Whenever he phones me I always answer with “Harlow Deeve.”

It’s the small things that keep us amused.

Shatlock said
    Fantastic episode chaps.

Chartung said

What’s Destiny?

Shatyu said

Left shoulder is to wiggle your left ear and the triangle is basically a selfie button if you have the PlayStation Camera or Kinect plugged in – thus why nobody has figured this out yet.

Steve said
    Good episode gents, though not nearly enough about marsupials.

Put that in the back of your mind Steve!

9. Your natural enemy is Shatmander

Beware of the evolved forms of Richard Kirke and CloudStyle! happy

Don’t! Dan might not detect the sarcasm in this response! He has been sarcasm agnostic since 2013!

Good episode gents, though not nearly enough about marsupials.

Would rather have a whole episode on marsupials than another Destiny Update Update Update! tongue

Good first half of a show 😛 I’m with Tim on this one I can’t handle that much destiny talk.

11. spikeychris said

I think it needed to be done. If Dan suppressed anymore Destiny talk, he may have exploded and left glimmer where he once stood.

Next show we’ll let Tim go on a super long tangent. winky2

12. Steve

Fear my Pokemon! He is called Drowlock, lives in Alaska, spits tahini, pukes acid, fire, maple syrup and 8 track tapes. It can shoot hot death. My enemy is Loyu.

Coleman, you can’t tell me what to think!

13. Coleman said

Unflushable said
    Also I have a request, could Dan please say “moist” in a Gollum style? happy

Ok so get Dan to record himself saying “moist” in a Gollum style and send it to you.  It can then be edited into the show every time someone mentions Destiny, in a similar fashion to the E3 bell!

14. http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/312phRxieEL.jpg
    Your Pokéname is: Pikazard

PROFILE
    You live in the grasslands of New York, and your diet consists mostly of daisies, fruits and water.

CHARACTERISTICS
    You have big hair. You can spit poison. You can resist Dr. Pepper. You have a full-body tattoo. You have cool shades. You can eat fire. You can eat maple syrup. You have intimate knowledge of kung fu. You can resist bricks. You can resist ice bolts.

NATURAL ENEMIES
    Your natural enemy is Vulrider.

15. TheBarrelInTheRoom

Juggernogging brilliant shows chaps, and I am not a DESTINY!! fan.

As always just an impressive ramble, infotainment at it’s best!

Your Pokename is: Squirrino

Profile:

You live in the steppes of France, and your diet consists mostly of cows, fruits and kerosene.

Characteristcs:

You can walk on poison. You can spit fire. You can eat bricks. You can puke hot death. You have a fear of force bolts. You have a fear of Dr. Pepper. You have a fear of wind. You can shoot sand.

Natural Enemy

Your natural enemy is Humvee.

Had no idea Pokemon were afraid of motors and other pokemon?

16. angry jock

I got a question ! !

I get very little gaming time being a full time chef and father so have found myself by default buying games I know I can play a hour on and comeback later  racing games  psplus indie games etc

I’m really interested in old destiny especially as you can pick it up for not much more than ten pounds these days

So question is with all the retro fit changes am I going to advance enough and have a good time if I sink around 20 hours into it or is it still more for lucky people with time to kill

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as my pile of Shane is very slowly shrinking

If I have plain vanilla Destiny, what would I have to buy to make it Destiny: The Broken Game er, I mean Destiny: The Taken King?

Say what you want about Ryse, but you didn’t have to buy it twice. And yes, I know that two of BRB UK’s hosts haven’t bought it once and are quite pleased with themselves.

Doctor doctor destiny destiny Dan should know, as a trained medical person, not to leave such a destiny infection untreated for so long. It seems innocuous enough at first but if you keep feeding it before you know it; it’s consumed the spores of any other games you might have in this weird fungal analogy and it’s a full half of your podcasting episode. Get it looked at mate.

CloudStyle said
    Fantastic episode chaps.

I’m with CloudStyle here- that’d be excellent! Dante’s Inferno toaster? Metal Gear Solid 4 microwave?
    Also ‘ello! Glad to be back. Getting back to Tabletop Tuesday next week as well- it’s been far too long!

19. Hey Guys Great Show!!! not been on here in a while , stuck in Destiny Mad max & MGS.V , loving the destiny only criticism is the leveling up should take longer i made it to level 40 from 30 in a day which was kind of crazy however as i hadnt played any DLc from the game i had all 3 to enjoy ! so in a way im getting my moneys worth but if you only had to play the taken king the campagin seemed super short ! once i up my light as its currently 233 i hope to do raid if i ever find a group 🙁 lol

i did check out time wasted on destiny ive done 147hours so 6 & half days roughly since day 1

20. stingo said

u can buy DLC or just buy the game both same price but atleast physical copy u get disc incase you or kids break one lol my 1 year old destroyed my advanced warfare case ! however vanilla destiny would be fine and would keep you busy for hours when u jump on etc

apologies comment was for guy above you lol fecking phone posted on yours :/ lol