BRB UK 155: Gamescom Revisited

Hello there dear listeners, Dan & Coleman are without a Tim this week but have no fear. Last week we decided to go over as many of Gamescom’s announcements that we could possibly fit in a single show. So for this episode we’ve asked our BRB man on the scene Simon to fill in for an otherwise missing Mr Hibbs and talk about what he’s got his hands on.

So join Team BRB UK this week for:

• Simon reports on his findings from Gamescom which include:
    • Star Wars: Battlefront
    • Mad Max
    • Battleborn
    • Stellaris
    • Fallout 4
  • Dan tests out Xbox One remote streaming and then takes flight in Galak-Z
  • Coleman gets lost in Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture

We appreciate you chaps taking time out of your week to listen to our show.  For your convenience, you can simply download the MP3 by clicking HERE or you can subscribe via iTunes, RSS or Zune and stay up to date.

Our very own Dr Doctor Destiny Dan “Dan” Chester Gibbons was a guest over on Guardian Radio, which you can check out for yourself HERE.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Comments

1. Great show lads ,

i am super excited for battlefront however i wont be buying on day 1 , simply because all trust in D.I.C.E died after battlefield 4 , that series was my game i spent hours 300+ on bf4 in total but my god was that game a riot , netcode , bugs , server problems etc so much so it got slated heavy by media and took them a year to create a update the levoloution alone brought the game to a stand still , so my fear is that buying battlefront im going to sit watching server not available messages or watch the game crash or players shoot me with 0 health after a tidy 200 rounds were dropped into them.

The Europa Universalis series is pretty daunting. I’m glad to see they’re offering a way into the mechanics/gameplay where the learning curve is not quite as steep.

3. stingo said

Hopefully they don’t dilute the experience though.  Europa 4 is a great game once you get into it.

4. Josh

I don’t know if anyone has realised I had vanished, I have returned after some really crap weeks (Take it from me, getting mugged attacked and hospitalised, is not that fun)

But I would to send a huge (and a little emotional) thank you to all of BRB Podcasters for getting me smiling this past week.

I have some catching up with the podcast, so I need to just get some backtracking sorted

Ep 150 made me smile and laugh more than I have in years, I did enjoy the chaos that ensued by having so many people chanting “Juggernog”

I asked some builders what they thought “Juggernog” was, two thought it was a sex act, one thought it was part of a horse and the other thought I was a city in asia.

Ep 154, big congratulations to Tim, I wish you all the best.

But as for strange names: Joshua Bracken Simon McHale Bleeze reporting for her magesty’s sarcastic service

Ep 155 I did like hearing about from the gamescom show floor, I’d missed all of the news and I have to say I am excited for Halo Wars 2….And halo 5

Tim has Ouya, Coleman has Amibo, Dan has Destiny…. Jon has IrnBru, I have halo, right until it becomes candy crush.

I’m not a huge StarWars in my knowledge, but I’m worried about Battlefront, I love battlefield but thats why im worried, it looks too similar, and i keep asking myself “WHERE’S BAD COMPANY 3, I’ve been praying for it”

Sorry for the really long post, I just really wanted to get across.. thank you 🙂

5. Andyroo

Haven’t listened to the show this week just yet, but I’m sure it will be great

I do want to ask a question though, just to get some discussion on it; How long do you think it will be before Hololense becomes the best way for a spectator mode in games? It seems like in games like LoL and DotA where you could view the whole map and see everything going on from the top, get highlights on the map of what players can see, scoreboards over the map etc

6. iiCe89 said
    Great show lads ,

My plan is to try it out on EA Access first – if I’m satisfied, it’ll be a day one purchase. thumb

Bleezeyboy said

Ep 154, big congratulations to Tim, I wish you all the best.

Mate, I am sorry to hear about your mugging. As someone who’s been on the receiving end of that several times (never in London oddly), I can relate.

Bonus points for the big catch up – glad you enjoyed 150 as a lot of work went into that.

Thanks for your continued listening and big Amiibo update coming from me soon winky2

Andyroo said
    Haven’t listened to the show this week just yet, but I’m sure it will be great

Isn’t it always? tongue

Andyroo said

You know what… that’s a bloody brilliant idea! I Love the idea of a bird’s eye view for an FPS or Driving sim combined with something like Hololense or Oculus Rift.

7. Josh

Coleman said

Thanks for your continued listening and big Amiibo update coming from me soon

Thanks man, The biggest joke of it is I graduated Staffordshire University (in Stoke) one of the top ten mosg dangerous places for students, with no incident. Came back to my little town in Gloucestershire and get a beating so bad I spent 3 weeks in hospital.

Also I am pretty sure I should get some sort of prize for having the most ridiculous name in BRB, Joshua Bracken Simon McHale Bleeze is my real name, and I can prove it with my driving licence it needs be.

And Coleman, I refuse to part money on Amibos til they make one of Master Chief and Mario highfiving, then I will throw all my money at it.

8. Officer_Dick_Fiddler

Awesome Show boys !! first time listener will be sure to tune into future shows !!

9. Bleezeyboy said

So sorry to hear that, buddy. I hope you are okay now! sad As for the second part of this, our pleasure, thanks! It is messages like this that motivate us all to keep podcasting! thumb

happyhappyhappy

Ep 154, big congratulations to Tim, I wish you all the best.

Thank you! bigsmile

Ladies and gentlemen…we have a winner! tongue

Nice idea and one that Xbox may steal off you! But I would not be surprised if we were 3-4 years away from any commercially available gaming use of Hololens.

Welcome! I recommending not overdosing as a first time user! tongue

Bleezeyboy said
    Coleman said

Thanks for your continued listening and big Amiibo update coming from me soon

My ex girlfriend went to school with a girl called Iona Dick 😀 lol

P.S. her parents were two old hippies that were completely oblivious to why it was so funny.

11. Josh

My

spikeychris said

My ex girlfriend went to school with a girl called Iona Dick 😀 lol

My mum’s cousins name is Richard Everard, the whole family was very aware of that one

12. Bleezeyboy said

I sense my first custom Amiibo idea.

Officer_Dick_Fiddler said
    Awesome Show boys !! first time listener will be sure to tune into future shows!!

Welcome person with a username that will make Dan’s head explode during the shoutouts.

Thank’s for listening. thumb

Bleezeyboy said
    My

spikeychris said

My ex girlfriend went to school with a girl called Iona Dick 😀 lol

toothysmilehappybigsmiletoothysmilehappybigsmile

… …

… … …

I don’t get it?

13. Josh

Richard can be shortened to dick, Dick Everard

14. hey Coleman i pm’d you beta code for BO3 beta code ps4 version

15. iiCe89 said
    hey Coleman i pm’d you beta code for BO3 beta code ps4 version

Thanks man, very much appreciated.

16. Coleman said

iiCe89 said
    hey Coleman i pm’d you beta code for BO3 beta code ps4 version

Thanks man, very much appreciated.

no problem Enjoy ive got a long night ahead playing it lol !

17. Josh

iiCe89 said

Coleman said

iiCe89 said
    hey Coleman i pm’d you beta code for BO3 beta code ps4 version

Thanks man, very much appreciated.

no problem Enjoy ive got a long night ahead playing it lol !

I would like to find out how good it is, i love call of duty but black ops 3 looks to be a little too mad

18. Bleezeyboy said

iiCe89 said

Coleman said

iiCe89 said
    hey Coleman i pm’d you beta code for BO3 beta code ps4 version

Thanks man, very much appreciated.

no problem Enjoy ive got a long night ahead playing it lol !

sent u ps4 beta code bud enjoy

19. Josh

iiCe89 said

Bleezeyboy said

iiCe89 said

Coleman said

iiCe89 said
    hey Coleman i pm’d you beta code for BO3 beta code ps4 version

Thanks man, very much appreciated.

no problem Enjoy ive got a long night ahead playing it lol !

sent u ps4 beta code bud enjoy

Thanks man, thats awesome 🙂

20. black ops 3 is not too bad the wall run is a novelty but the overall game is not bad im liking the special weapon you earn bit like destinys special it builds up but you lose it if killed when equiped before you have even fired it ,

only critism is it feels real heavy to play and slow an you cant customise your character well not that i can tell from beta you pick from specialist , heavy etc characters.

anyways heres my gameplay i ripped from ps4 and uploaded

21. Josh

iiCe89 said

anyways heres my gameplay i ripped from ps4 and uploaded

I replied to your DM by the way.

Also watched your video, looks pretty fun. Does it have similar pick10 system to black ops2?

22. yup it does feature the pick 10 system , it also focus’s heavily on the special move

23. Josh

iiCe89 said

Is the double jump like titanfall, with two boosts before you have to go to ground before boosting again?

24. you push to jump but if u hold it midflight you can like boost continually for a small period of time if you just jump then push again to jump its like a short boost

25. TheBarrelInTheRoom

5 out of 5 barrels gents, Juggernoggingly amazing!