BRB Geek Speak returns for another episode full of geekiness, unicorns, pixels and, well, butts. Unfortunately, we are still down a Monica, but we searched long and hard (not really, just down the corridor from Alex, really) and found a wonderful guest in Julia! She works in the gaming industry and has also helped out on many BRB events, and we have a very special place reserved in our hearts for her Orlesian readings. So join Lauren, Julia and Alex as they prattle on about:
- Dragon Age: Inquisition’s latest DLC The Descent and other Dragon Age related news
- Exploding Kittens card game and Julia’s unfortunate and fast demise
- Realise Minas Tirith Indiegogo campaign
- Inside Out
- Lauren has suffered through Pixels and you can read her review of the movie here. Beware of minor spoilers!
- Lauren also speaks to Mike Bithell about Volume, a special interview for our listeners!
- Nemesis Games (book 5 of Expanse series) by James S.A. Corey, also soon a show on SyFy!
- Armada by Ernest Cline and you can read Alex’s review of the book here
- You’re Never Weird On the Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day
- The Palace Job by Patrick Weekes
- We talk about cosplay (thanks to King William of Butt-topia for the suggestion!)
- For your cosplaying needs check out:
- Alex’s living room has become a home to a TV switching ghost that likes naked Owen Wilson… yeah, we are scared too!
We announce the winners of our Marvel Dice Masters Age of Ultron competition!
Thank you so much for everyone who entered the competition! We loved reading your answers. In fact we loved them so much, we decided to have a 1st place prize and a 2nd place prize!
1st Place – TheBarrelInTheRoom – wins starter set for Marvel Dice Masters Age of Ultron and other loot
2nd Place – Fasty – wins Dark Avengers, first hardback
Please get in touch with Alex or Lauren (SweetShrimp on BRB forums) via DMs so we can send goodies your way!
We appreciate you peoples taking time out of your week to listen to our show. For your convenience, you can simply download the MP3 by clicking HERE or you can subscribe via iTunes or RSS and stay up to date.