BRB UK 143: Cottage of Chickens

Listen up listeners (kind of a redundant command really), because have we ever got a show for you boy howdy! If you’ve missed the sweet dulcet tones of a posh bloke tickling your cochlea, then you may jolly well fancy giving this episode a ruddy good listening now.

In this episode of BRB UK, the team shall be babbling  about the following and more:

• The tiniest of tiny Doom teasers
  • Need for Speed gets a reboot
  • Dimension Drive gets a new Kickstarter and we get to name a ship 🙂
  • Project CARS
  • Destiny Expansion II: House of Wolves
  • Godzilla
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
We appreciate you chaps taking time out of your week to listen to our show.  For your convenience, you can simply download the MP3 by clicking HERE or you can subscribe via iTunes, RSS or Zune and stay up to date.
Thanks to our friends over at Insert Coin and in celebration of their new Metal Gear Solid 1984 Collection, we are giving our listeners the chance to win a £25 voucher code. All you have to do to enter is comment on this here forum (either Big Red Barrelcast, BRB UK or Geek Speak) and let us know, just what were you doing in 1984? Don’t worry you can make it up and say something like “Drinking a tab clear with Arnie and Regan while playing Space Invaders!
As if a competition wasn’t enough excitement f0r you, we’ve also got a 20% discount code for all of our dear listeners to use on any of the fine products over at Insert Coin. Simply use the code ICBRB20 when checking out and enjoy.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Comments

1. Dangerous Brian

Gah, first time I comment in months and it summons the Destiny addicted one… Is this a superpower? All joking aside is was good to hear Dans voice, it feels like the team is complete again.

Great show as always, keep it up.

P.S. The collective noun for breasts should be a brace, or maybe a clutch…

Congradulations to Tim on his engagement does this mean the latent homosexual tension since Coleman joined the podcast will be reduced 😛

Brilliant show, keep up the great work chaps! Welcome back Dan, it was nice to hear your voice again 🙂

4. Dangerous Brian said
    P.S. The collective noun for breasts should be a brace, or maybe a clutch…

Upon some further investigating using the powers of Google-Fu, it would appear both of those answers are right.

SOMEBODY GET THIS MAN A BISCUIT!

spikeychris said
    …does this mean the latent homosexual tension since Coleman joined the podcast will be reduced 😛

I wouldn’t hold your breath. winky2

WarMachine said
    Welcome back Dan, it was nice to hear your voice again 🙂

“Wank”

– Captain Dan of Averagington

5. Andyroo

Can we name the ship “Thrillhouse”?

6. spikeychris said

8. Alex said
     *brings popcorn, gets comfy on the sofa*

Image Enlarger

Tim said

spikeychris said

Nope. Gives us licence for this to get much, much worse #Bromantic bigsmile

Does the level of tension basically correlate to the length of the adverts at the start of the podcasts?

@Alex I have an idea for a geek speak topic.  What gaming related theme should the Mutt wedding theme have?  Personally I think since Yoshi’s wooley world is coming out soon that would make an excellent theme 😛

I also think Dan should perform the ceremony to add a touch of posh to the preceedings.  Oh and Kev can be the drunk uncle at the reception :D.

Me and my wife had a very Scottish themed wedding as the whole thing all in cost us less than £500 😀

edit: Alex is the popcorn so you can sit back and watch brokeback barrel?

10. Dangerous Brian

Coleman said

Dangerous Brian said
    P.S. The collective noun for breasts should be a brace, or maybe a clutch…

SOMEBODY GET THIS MAN A BISCUIT!

I always like to keep abreast of information like that…thumb

11. spikeychris said

That usually boils down to; lack of preperation + level of tiredness  = extended lengh in advert. tongue

spikeychris said
    Alex is the popcorn so you can sit back and watch brokeback barrel?

Sombody photoshop this poster! I need it hanging above me when recording.

Dangerous Brian said
    I always like to keep abreast of information like that…thumb

I see what you did there. winky2

Coleman said

spikeychris said
    Alex is the popcorn so you can sit back and watch brokeback barrel?

Sombody photoshop this poster! I need it hanging above me when recording.

Brokeback Barrel surely makes a good podcast title 😛

13. Alex

It is always Dragon Age.

14. Alex said

It is always Dragon Age.

Oi, stop hijacking our lovely BRB UK topic with your Geek Speakery!

I just cleaned up here you know tongue

15. Alex

Image Enlarger

Now my work here is done! *leaves*

Coleman said

Alex said

It is always Dragon Age.

Oi, stop hijacking our lovely BRB UK topic with your Geek Speakery!

I just cleaned up here you know tongue

Blame Alex for being too lazy to put up the episode 7 forum thread.  It’s almost like it was someones bloody birthday or something.

Also with all the wank talk from Dan I think you should refer to Joshi’s wooley world as Joshi’s wooley wang in all future podcasts 😛

P.S. Congradulations to Dan on finishing his PhD do you want to write mine for me :D?

Edit: Alex does that mean Tim has to be the “sexy” male elf?

Dan’s back! Do we call you Doctor Captain Average now? Captain Doctor?
    Also surely this partnership with Insert Coin can bring about the #TeamPoshTwat tshirts?

Aurochs said
    Dan’s back! Do we call you Doctor Captain Average now? Captain Doctor?

We can call him a proper Doctor now instead of an honourary one.

Glad to see that Dan’s butler’s butler finished his dissertation. Congrats Dr. Dan!

Incidentally, I finished Ryse yesterday and liked it. While the game is short and somewhat repetitive, I really liked the setting and the production values. I’d buy a second installment in the series.

Do you know if Witcher 3 has any carry over from the previous games? I have Witcher 1 and 2 on Steam so was wondering if I should pick up 3 there as well.

21. stingo said

Not 100% sure on this one but I think the PC version let’s you transfer Witcher 2 save states forward to Witcher 3. Alternatively, the console versions let you simulate your save by asking which choose you made in the previous title.

Hope this helps.

22. stingo said

I played Witcher 2 without playing the first with very little difficulty. As the games take place after a number of books, they inherently have a feeling that many events have happened in the world before we are catching up with Geralt in the games. While some of these events will give you a better understanding of some of the characters, the games do a pretty good job of catching you up with the context of what is happening. I also had no recollection of which way I had chosen in the previous game when it came to playing Wild Hunt and so have no idea if they match up with the decisions I made in 2.

Story-wise, I think you could also happily go back to (at least 2 if not 1) after playing the third one.