BRB Boom 28: Haters Gonna Hate

It’s time, once again, to put boom in your boom and listen to BRB Boom. This week, Dogsdie, Smelly Pirate and Yoshifett nerd out about games that need an upgrade, Twitter hate, super hero games that need to be made, the deal of the week and other topics that affect today’s gamer.

Please be sure to subscribe to the BRB Boom feed on iTunes or RSS. If you insist, you can always just download the mp3. If you are currently using a computer with iTunes on it, would you mind heading over there and leaving some feedback?

Tags: , ,

Comments

1. gfreeman

Feeling bad for yoshifett :/

2. gfreeman…you should immediately stop doing that

3. FireMuncher

Damn jabroni

4. Roburt

mitt romney don pay no ta — kanye

5. I have absolutely no idea what is going on in this thread.

6. steamRobot

Thanks for the douchy shout out! Here I am trying to be all supportive and what not. Aggressive? I’m Scottish so passive-aggressive is probably about right. But you hurt me, hurt me deep.

And yoshi, when you joined the show I really didn’t like you, but now I do. Just remember, it’s not your fault. No listen, it’s not your fault. No, no, listen. It’s not your fault. A haters gotta hate.

Love you,
    Steam.

Yoshi, I know. It’s not your fault.

7. steamRobot

Wait a minute. I just listened again and you called me a bitch! Damn, you really want people to hate on you. You are a hate bater. I take back what I said, it is your fault.

8. steamRobot said

Love you,
    Steam.

Yoshi, I know. It’s not your fault.

thumbthumbthumbthumbthumbbarrel

9. FireMuncher

Do you smell what Yoshi is cookin’?

10. Badhaggis

Sorry but why’s everyone so touchy these-days? “You disagreed with my preferences in political affairs, thus I now hate you.” Despite the fact that Americans have a two party system in which both parties are extremely similar to each other, it’s no exaggeration to say that there is a choice between a Center / Center Right party and a Center-Right, Right wing party. So quit yo yabbering!

11. FireMuncher

Badhaggis said

I hate talking about politics. Usually when I do people don’t think rationally ( at least the ones I talk to) I’m not saying their views are wrong. Everyone besides jitterbug can have their own view. It’s more that they can’t get past that other people have different views so they shut them down. My wife is a typicle crazy redhead. You know the day walkers. Whenever anything political comes up especially abortion, which I have the same view as her, she goes into a blind rage. And won’t listen to anything anyone else has to say. So in conclusion jitterbug is the only American that can’t have a view of his own.

12. FireMuncher said

Badhaggis said

??? Am I missing something here?

13. frawlzfans

Badhaggis said

This. Also compared to Europe they’re both basically right wing just the Democrats are slightly more left than the Republicans which need a good basing anyway.

14. frawlzfans

01000111 01110010 01100101 01100001 01110100 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101111 01110111 00100000 01100111 01110101 01111001 01110011 00101110 00100000

15. Badhaggis

frawlzfans said

I believe it was a Democratic Senator that was talking to a Labour Party MP who said ” You have three parties, Labour, Liberals and Conservatives. We have two parties, the Republicans, who are like your conservatives, and the Democrats who are like your conservatives.

16. frawlzfans

Badhaggis said

frawlzfans said

Hahaha love it.

17. Badhaggis

Jitterbug said

??? Am I missing something here?

Evidently your right to free speech has been removed :P

18. zombiesauerkraut

Personally, I think we should appoint Kofi Annan Supreme Dictator of this confused country. Then we can finally force these seal-clubbers to stop using incandescent light bulbs!

Shepard and Samus is my favorite game couple. Seems like two hot-headed, alien-killin’ bad-asses would have a very confrontational relationship. Eventually, we end up with “Prizzi’s Honour”…innnnn spaaaaaace!

I don’t feel the show has gone down hill at all, I still think you’re hilarious. You guys have aged like a fine beer…to Mormons that’s like a fine butter.

Vote Capitalism!

19. zombiesauerkraut said

Vote Capitalism!

There are very few beers that get better with age. I’ll admit there are some, but they’re few and far between. Most get bad with age. The more you know. Do do do doooooo.

20. FireMuncher

Jitterbug said

FireMuncher said

Badhaggis said

??? Am I missing something here?

Sorry jitterbug I love you and not just because we share the same name. Just some incoherent cazy cat lady jibber jabber. The blu threads have been slow so it has spilled over to boom

21. zombiesauerkraut

Jitterbug said

The country is in mourning as another critical blow is dealt to Sarcasm. I take full responsibility for this misunderstanding as I did not consider those incapable of detecting the play of the well known phrase “To age like a fine absinth” when writing this post. I am ecstatic, however, to have been blessed with JB’s repeatedly predicated, extensive knowledge of alcoholic beverages. Dennis Moore, Dennis Moore, Dum Dum Dum Dum Night.

22. I have literally never heard anyone ever say “To age like a fine absinthe.” ZS, please understand the lack of sarcasm in my tone here: I am not calling you out in any way shape or form. I literally am asking you, with kindness in my heart and a desire for knowledge, “Where have you heard that before?” Is that a quote from a movie, book, or is that a phrase that is said in some areas? I’ve certainly heard of wine getting better with age, as well as Scotch and other hard liquors. Is the same true for absinthe? Please, note that I am NOT being nasty nor sarcastic in any way. I am trying to converse with you on a subject. No e-penis involved.

23. DeanBiddler

frawlzfans said

Clutch fan?

24. zombiesauerkraut

…kay? The saying “to age like a fine absinthe” does not exist. I was being a smart-ass. The correct phrase is of course “to age like a fine wine”. Sometimes people are not so quick to pick up on sarcasm on the forums, which is fine…I just like to give them a second chance to realize this by going even more over the top, so my sarcastic intent is even more obvious and I don’t literally have to say: I was being sarcastic. You’ll forgive me if I thought you were being condescending as you used the phrase ” the more you know”, which some of your fellow pod casters are wont to use to comedic effect, rather than sincerely. I remember, when I was a child, using the musical phrase “dum, dum dum dum”, or “do do do dooo” as you put it, to imply an inferior intellect on the part of one of my peers. Maybe that was just an ’80s thing. I was also confused that you sincerely managed to point out that beer does not age well, though you did not mention this about butter…if you’re wondering, it does NOT age well and will start to smell like soap. To quote my favorite Calista Flockheart sitcom: bygones.

Actually, one thing you and I do have in common, Jitterbug, is that I too enjoy a nice, crisp, crunchy beer. My favorites are Murphy’s Irish Red, Bitburger, Sleeman Cream Ale and Duckstein…what’s your?! thumb

25. Left Hand Brewery’s Milk Stout is my go to favorite, that most others will enjoy. When treating myself, I go for Stone Brewery’s Ruination IPA – pure heaven in a bottle.

I understood that butter doesn’t age well, and guessed that you were joking. However, I was honestly curious about the absinthe comment because you used that as an explanation, and I’ve neither heard that absinthe ages well, nor poorly. Interestingly, many of the psychedelic constituents in absinthe only occur when it has been aged in wormwood barrels – so that added to the oddness of your comment.

As far as the “The More You Know” line, that comes from a pretty classic American commercial from a series of informational PSAs on NBC (the one with the star logo that reads, The More You Know underneath it). I used it as a joke, but not meant as a slam on you. I look at that as a way to make fun of the blandness of my own statements, rather than a bash on someone else’s intelligence. The more you know.

Finally, there are actually some beers (albeit rare) that age better with time. I’ve experimented with a few of them, but haven’t ever run across one that blew me away.

26. zombiesauerkraut said

In Momon-ese we say “To age like fine Martinelli’s Sparkling Apple Cider.” If anyone were to say “to age like fine Welch’s Sparkling Grape Juice” they would be violently dismembered and strung up in the town square just before the harvest.

#NoNomo

27. zombiesauerkraut

smelly pirate said

#NoNomo

Interesting to hear that other Christian religions also have their own version of that phrase. Us Roman Catholics would say “to age like a guilty conscience”. But to incur the same fate of dismemberment, one would say “to age like a fine alter boy.”

…uuuh…I really shouldn’t have said that…my bad everyone embarrassed

28. Deoking

I think Bloodhound Gang have described this the best with “Women are like dog, doo, hear me through don’t interrupt
    It’s just the older that they are the easier they get to pick-up”

Right?embarrassed

29. br0therFRANK

Glados and Claptrap true love 4 ever

30. Shacks

If Rick Moranis from the Ghostbusters II video game counts. Then my pick for a couple is Justin Bieber (NBA 2K13) and the Blob (A Boy and his Blob).

The video game character I would follow on twitter if they were real has to be Nathan Drake. Could you imagine the S**t he would tweet?

great show guys! thumb

31. Yoshifett

steamRobot said

Love you,
    Steam.

Yoshi, I know. It’s not your fault.

Who are you?

32. JLV

Toastin’ in a yoshi thread