Big Red Flix 40: Spider Guy

Welcome back for another episode of Big Red Flix, BigRedBarrel.com’s movie podcast. This week Dave, Jitterbug and Yoshifett discuss Win Win, End of Watch, The Raid, Tron, Captain America, as well as trailers for Zero Dark Thirty, ARGO, A Good Day To Die Hard and The Croods.

Check back next time because the gang will be discussing the horror classic, Halloween.

Here’s the RSS feed.  Leave an iTunes review and subscribe here.  Download the show here.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Comments

1. Chuck-Lee-Campbell

Nice episode.

Suggestion: Jurassic Park

2. The Raid is indeed a fantastic martial arts film, directed by a Welsh guy! [Gareth Evans].

Suggestion for BKR: Summer Wars

3. I loved Jurassic Park, and wonder if it’d hold up today. The main reason I loved it was because of the dino effects. I wonder if they still hold up. Haven’t seen that movie in years.

4. MTaylo050

Jitterbug said

For me, Jurassic Park holds up, both in terms of it being a good movie and in the special effect department. I watched it not to long ago and was very surprised at how good the Dinos looked. They aren’t top notch by today’s standards, but they are used in very effective ways. When it’s appropriate to use CG it is used, when they could get away with puppets and animatronics they used those, and to me that’s the right way to make a movie. I haven’t watched this on Blu-ray though, so the effects might stand out a bit more in HD.

Some of the charm of the movie has worn off for me since I’ve seen it so many times, but if it’s been a while, I say watch it again.

5. thegiiro

Suggestion: Primer. If you can make sense of it, i’ll listen 5 hours of it.

Also got to ask. Please. Please redo a BKR for Oldboy. Not like now, but like in a year. I want to get that raw “bullshit” from yoshi.

6. Yoshifett

thegiiro said
    Suggestion: Primer. If you can make sense of it, i’ll listen 5 hours of it.

Also got to ask. Please. Please redo a BKR for Oldboy. Not like now, but like in a year. I want to get that raw “Bulls**t” from yoshi.

Wow, someone else has seen Primer??? I watched that movie four times in the span of two weeks and made charts to try to make sense of the timeline. So incredibly complex and interesting.

7. Shacks

Yoshifett said

thegiiro said
    Suggestion: Primer. If you can make sense of it, i’ll listen 5 hours of it.

I seen Primer too, pretty good movie. The writing never dumbs itself down for the audience which takes balls, but I think hurts the movie over all.

I am tired of movies using the found footage gimmick, it is getting old and used too often now. It just the last year or so we have Chronicle, End of Watch, VHS, Project X and all the Paranormal Activity movies. It is done to death. If End of Watch wanted to have some found footage style, they could have done it like The Chase, straight up COPS style.

Oh and Training Day was F***ing horrible.

8. Training Day was horrible? Hmmm, that opinion sounds oddly wrong to me. winky

9. DeanBiddler

Yoshifett said

thegiiro said
    Suggestion: Primer. If you can make sense of it, i’ll listen 5 hours of it.

Best time travel movie ever, and made for, drum roll, 7000 USD! Who says you need money to make a good movie as long as the writing is strong. @Yoshi look for the infographics on Primer with a google images search it helps the breakdown in comprehension.

10. Shacks

Jitterbug said
    Training Day was horrible? Hmmm, that opinion sounds oddly wrong to me. winky

lol

Yeah, I F***ing hated it.

11. Shacks said

Jitterbug said
    Training Day was horrible? Hmmm, that opinion sounds oddly wrong to me. winky

lol

Yeah, I F***ing hated it.

One does not simply hate Training Day.

12. zombiesauerkraut

Seeing as how JB is so concerned about offending people, I was wondering if he could try opening a carton of milk at the intro of the next show. Anyone here offended by milk?

I’m very interested in the story behind Zero Dark Thirty, but I’m afraid it’s going to be too cinematized, kinda like World Trade Center. I’d much rather see a documentary about it, either that or a found footage movie lol

Good show, guys. Nice to have an abnormal episode again.

P.S. Jurassic Park rules! You let me burn, Miller!

13. Yoshifett

I can’t comprehend how there are people out there that didn’t like training day. It causes me to question everything I know about everything and fall into an existential tailspin.

14. Yoshifett said

There are people that thought Transformers was a good film – not just in the popcorn-for-the-eyes, Rosie-Huntington-Whiteley-arse-perving, Megan-Fox-cleavage-gawking way, but in the entertaining-story, well-acted, beautifully-shot way! THEY EXIST! I HAVE SEEN THEM!

15. Diarmuid said

Yoshifett said

Indeed. In fact, I think there are people that thought Training Day sucked, and loved Transformers. I weep for the future.

16. Yoshifett

Diarmuid said

Yoshifett said

Stop! With each word I read, I fade a bit more from existence, like Marty’s siblings in Back to the Future.

17. Shacks

Jitterbug said

Diarmuid said

Yoshifett said

I thought the first Transformer movie was ok, but hated the last two…

18. Don F Fuentes

Shacks said

Jitterbug said

Diarmuid said

Yoshifett said

I thought the first Transformer movie was ok, but I hated the last two…

They all sucked IMO, no continuity at all with G1, f’d up, busy designs, cringe worthy “comedy,” and worst of all, Shia Labeouf…who ever decided X-number of years ago that Labeouf was leading man material, should’ve been locked up in the Hayden Christensen wing of Arkham f’ing Asylum.

19. Shacks

zombiesauerkraut said

Good show, guys. Nice to have an abnormal episode again.

P.S. Jurassic Park rules! You let me burn, Miller!

I was molested by milk you son of a bitch!

20. zombiesauerkraut

Geez, I had no idea! I apologize for being so insensitive. I should have known better; milk raped and/or murdered my dog.