BRB Boom 23: The Social Network

It’s time, once again, to put boom in your boom and listen to BRB Boom.  This week Smelly Pirate and Yoshifett are joined by Dave, and they nerd out about Yoshi rage-quitting Facebook, games trilogies, deal of the week and other topics that affect today’s gamer.

Please be sure to subscribe to the BRB Boom feed on iTunes or RSS. If you insist, you can always just download the mp3. If you are currently using a computer with iTunes on it, would you mind heading over there and leaving some feedback?

Tags:

Comments

1. Yoshifett

This was easily the most vulnerable I’ve ever made myself on a podcast.

2. Whatever. THIS EPISODE WAS HILARIOUS. I might be bias.

3. Dave said

Whatever. THIS EPISODE WAS HILARIOUS. I might be bias.

You might be bisexual…

4. JLV

Don’t mind me, just posting in a Yoshifett thread.

5. Yoshifett

JLV said
    Don’t mind me, just posting in a Yoshifett thread.

My man!

6. JLV

I actually quit facebook a while back for the exact same reason as Yoshi. I couldnt stop reading everyone’s stupidity and it was just a massive time sink. So I dropped it and don’t slightly regret it. I also get the enigmatic label from women, since they can’t see and be annoyed by my opinions until they actually talk to me.

As to Smelly’s headphone question (dunno if this has been resolved, no twitter for me either). I bought a few pairs of large style headphones to fill out my headphone amplifier and couldn’t afford to pay premium for pairs that would only be used when a ton of people were around, so I bought some behringer hps3000’s for 20 bucks each on amazon. Quite good sound quality, haven’t broken yet, and they even come with a 1/4 inch to 1/8 converter, so you could use them pretty much anywhere except in older phones that have the 1/16 headphone jack.

Good show as always. I missed the MMO speak of the week to make me want to play WoW again and force me to crush those awful urges. Good training for all sorts of willpower situations.

7. Raj

Are any of the Boom-ers (and faux Boomer Dave) attending PAX Prime this year? I think you all should and are because I didn’t travel from Australia for nothing tongue

8. zombiesauerkraut

smelly pirate said

Dave said

Whatever. THIS EPISODE WAS HILARIOUS. I might be bias.

You might be bisexual…

Dave is so tall, he MUST be. Great show guys, very funny!

9. Raj

Raj said

Forget I asked, I just heard Dave say he’s going in the episode. Oops

10. Yoshifett

Raj said

I don’t want to actually meet any of the people I know from the internet.

11. DeanBiddler

Damn, Yoshi, are you in a bad place? Have you just finished watching “138” or something?

12. zombiesauerkraut

He’s just in mourning over his FB account. He’ll remember soon enough that he actually loves other human beings with a furious passion, right Yoshi? =D

13. Raj

Yoshifett said

Raj said

I don’t want to actually meet any of the people I know from the internet.

In the words of the ‘Clueless‘ generation… “That’s way harsh Tai” shock

14. DeanBiddler said

I think he’s being honest, but not mean. It may sound mean, but it’s not.
    Also, none of us are going to PAX, and for me, is because don’t have enough money or time off of work. I’d love to go someday…

15. Yoshifett

smelly pirate said

I think he’s being honest, but not mean. It may sound mean, but it’s not.

Yup, this is exactly true.

16. DeanBiddler

That’s cool, but nah, I’m crushed. I’ll just have to keep substituting your guys podcast for friendship.

Real talk, this episode was one of the best though.

17. frawlzfans

Loved the episode guys and I found the combination of seriousness, comedy and gaming was put together very well. Smelly please laugh more you have the best laugh I’ve ever heard.

18. Yoshifett

DeanBiddler said

Real talk, this episode was one of the best though.

Thanks! It was quite a difficult one for me to do, but it has paid off.

19. The Jack Of Hearts

Well what can I say I did love listening to this episode of the Boom. The Wu-Tang names are always a treat to hear as they provide some hilarious moments.

Also Yoshifett I feel almost the same about social networking sites in general, as I’d rather talk to someone instead of posting some cryptic messages. I deleted my old myspace account a few years back because it was completely pointless, and I felt disgusted that it went from an ok site to crappy indie band friend/hooker friend request site.

FYI I haven’t forgot about my play-through of Zelda II. I’m trying to progress past the swamp palace with out dying lol.

20. Yoshifett

frawlzfans said
    Smelly please laugh more you have the best laugh I’ve ever heard.

Good to hear I’m not the only one who thinks that!

21. Raj

Dave said
    I’ll be at PAX!

Look forward to seeing you again mate ;) Is 8-bit gonna stop by too? I haven’t seen him mention it on FB

22. It’s funny, this show is the only place where I have been told that someone likes my laugh. Also, I laugh more here than any other place in my life, for which I’m hugely grateful.

23. JLV

Needs more cowbell.

24. Oh man, did you guys see that awesome thing I put on Facebook. It was awesomely awesome. I sure am glad I got to share that with you all. How awesome.

25. Jitterbug said

I loved that thing, but then I became enraged, and I don’t quite know what to do with that feeling…

26. eldertaco

Real-talk Real-talk … Loved this episode.

27. Don F Fuentes

Came across the podcasts while randomly tooling through the stinky nebulous of the www.

Quite insightful and very funny (think TNT).

Keep ’em coming! thumb